Busy Bees at Melrose
Huntlyburn Road, Melrose, Scottish Borders, TD6 9BX
Call Laura on 01896 820400
From 07:00 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees Melrose Nursery is a highly attractive, purpose built setting, on a single level with easy access from its own car park, enjoying views across the surrounding countryside.
The Nursery occupies a quiet corner in the grounds of The Borders General Hospital in the beautiful Scottish Borders, with easy access to Melrose,Galashiels,Tweedbank,St.Boswells,Newtown St.Boswells,& Earlston.
Our large enclosed garden provides a safe & spacious environment for outdoor play & for hosting some of our social events, such as our annual sports day & barbecue.
Since opening in November 2002, Busy Bees Melrose Nursery has gone from strength to strength providing full day care for babies six weeks old to children aged five years, Monday to Friday 7a.m to 6p.m
The Nursery has a warm & inviting atmosphere with a caring, friendly & dedicated staff team in the four rooms which care for children of different age groups :
Babies : between 6 weeks to 18 months
Tweenies : between 16 months to 2 years plus
Toddlers : 2 to 3 years
Beehive : 3 to 5 years
We ensure that all our activities are suited to children`s development needs and interests while taking into account what they like doing at home. Home observation forms are regularly issued to parents to ensure that we involve you and that we have up to date information on your child`s interests outside of nursery.
Providing healthy nutritional meals and snacks throughout the day, we follow a three week seasonal menu in which our chef prepares and cooks in our kitchen on site. We can cater for allergies and special dietary requirements to suit your child`s needs.
Busy Bees Nursery is inspected by Her Majesty`s Inspectorate Of Education & by the Care Inspectorate to ensure that our high standards continue to be achieved and maintained. A copy of our most recent report is displayed on the notice board in our parent`s suite. Please feel free to take a copy.
We welcome parent`s views and value your comments. Why not pop in at any time to chat to your child`s key worker. It`s a great opportunity to get involved in your child`s time at nursery.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Graded 5 by Care Inspectorate 2019 - Click here to view our report
- A purpose built nursery with warm, nurturing rooms for children aged 0-2 years ,a bright stimulating toddler room and our newly developed exciting 3-5 year old free flow unit , preparing each child for the next stage of their education
- A large out door area which is full of interesting and exciting opportunities for our children to explore and learn.
- Nutritious snacks and meals which are included at no extra charge and are freshly prepared and served by our qualified chef
- We offer a fully inclusive package which gives you peace of mind to bring your child to nursery with everything provided for in your monthly fees
- A Key Person who will inform you about all the activities of the nursery day and ensure that they can provide your child with extra comfort and reassurance if necessary.
- Our long standing management and staff team have a great mix of all ages, offering a combination of childcare qualifications, knowledge, skills and experiences. We understand the importance of working with parents to improve the outcome for your child and looking after their individual needs.
- We offer a detailed induction programme and hold monthly training sessions for our staff
- The nursery is closed on Good Friday & Easter Monday, 25th & 26th December and 1st & 2nd January. Where Bank holidays fall on a weekend the nursery will be closed on that years designated dates. (Usually the following Monday or Tuesday)
What our customers say…
The cook bakes a birthday cake for all the children's birthdays which is lovely
A great, fun filled nursery!
A great experience for parents and children alike
Outstanding nursery, my child has been here since he was 6 months old, I would thoroughly recommend this nursery
The projects, imagination , creativity and learning methods are inspiring and always fresh and diverse