Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees Day Nursery in Mill Hill is a stunning detached property located in one of Mill Hill’s most sought after turnings. It’s within close proximity of the shopping and transport amenities at Mill Hill Broadway, including Thameslink Station. The nearest stations are Mill Hill Broadway 0.5m, Edgware 1m and Burnt Oak 1.2m. Mill Way is well located for popular local schools in both the private and state sectors, is close to places of worship and gives easy access to the A1, M1 and A41.
The nursery has rooms appropriate for each age group, which provide a homely atmosphere for all the children. We have a large garden surrounding the building where the children have opportunities to explore the outside environment. Experienced and qualified staff cater for all children’s individual needs and interests. Each child is assigned a key person who will observe, plan and assess their development and keep records of their personal learning.
Cecilia the Chef provides delicious home cooked food which is nutritionally balanced and healthy. We have a four week rolling menu which takes advantage of fresh, seasonal produce and allows our children to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures, flavours and colours within their meals. We are also fully equipped to provide food for children with allergies or intolerances as well as cultural preferences. We will always provide a vegetarian option to meat dishes. The nursery has recently been awarded a 5 star rating for food hygiene by the food standards agency-the highest rating possible.
The staff here at Mill Hill are dedicated, hard-working, skilled and most of all passionate about their roles, the children and the parents. Most of our staff are either NNEB, CACHE & NVQ level 3 trained or working towards it.
The nursery has a Parent Partnership Group (PPG) that can be contacted via email, if you would like to ask any questions or advice. The group consists of parents whose children already attend the nursery and are happy to give support when leaving your children for the first time or even when making a transition up to the next age group.
Busy Bees in Mill Hill provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2012)
Over the past 2 years we have successfully implemented many of the Busy Bees initiatives that are created by our Head office Childcare team. Each initiative has its own design to aid the children to succeed and enjoy many areas of learning and development. The initiatives include Busy Babies for our Caterpillars Room, Grow Your Own, Cooking With Me, Every Child’s a Talker, Wake and Shake and the Golden Mile!
We also offer extra-curricular activities, for the Pre-school children we offer ‘Premier Football’ and ‘Stretch and Grow’ for our over 2 year olds where the children learn to be healthy, exercise and learn too!
Your child will have lots of fun learning through play as they develop into a confident, independent and sociable young person. The children are encouraged to explore, investigate, experiment and discover the world around them. Whilst having fun with all of these activities, they are also learning to develop in accordance with the national curriculum guidance, which is the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
If you would like your child to experience a happy, safe and stimulating environment, please arrange an appointment to come and visit the nursery and see for yourself what a great nursery it really is. We will be happy to answer any questions either by telephone or in person.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted October 2016 - Click here to see our report
- We provide a Child-centred approach to child development
- A staff team that is dedicated and passionate and always aim to deliver the highest standard of quality child care
- Busy Babies - A stimulating black and white area complimented by a soothing and relaxing lilac
- Pre-school children have a stimulating environment with wake and shake to support the children’s physical development and also preparing and early approach to literacy.
- Talking baskets to support communication skills with younger children.
- Refurbished nursery with a calming colour scheme.
- Healthy, well balanced meals prepared and cooked in house by the nursery chef and three week, seasonal menus as well as weaning menu’s.
- The nursery recycles all material including paper, cardboard, metal and plastic.
- Five star food hygiene rating.
- Silver Soil Association Award - Recognising high quality fresh produce
- Located close to the town centre and the train station.