Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees Nursery at Northampton Spinney Hill has been awarded GOOD by Ofsted (December, 2014. The nursery is situated on the Kettering Road, next to the Morrisons' superstore. We are ten minutes from the town centre.
We provide quality childcare for children aged from 6 weeks to five years. We are open between 7.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday. All the rooms are beautifully resourced and have direct access to our newly refurbished garden areas. We have amazing mud kitchens for the children to play and explore in and climbing walls to test their skills. The rooms are divided as follows:
Sweet Peas: Our cosy baby room caters for children 6 weeks to 16 months. We have clearly defined areas for rest, sensory play and physical activities. The room is bright, welcoming and full of great things for your child to do.
Bluebells: Cater for children aged between 14 months and 2 years 4 months. This room has a large, well-resourced garden which allows the children to free flow from the room to the outside and in turn encourages independence from a young age. The garden has a soft surface that allows children to play in a safe and stimulating environment.
Poppies: Cater for children aged 2 and 3 and half years. These two rooms are fully equipped for such a large age group and all equipment is easily accessible to the children to self-select. The outside area had recently been refurbished with things such as climbing walls creative tunnels and cosy dens.
Pre-School: unit caters for children 3-5 years. This unit has two adjoining rooms, one for creative play and another for cognitive play. The cognitive room is a popular room with the children, a space where they can engage in activities and develop phonics. The children have independent access to all resources such as the computers, book corner and construction area. The newly refurbished outside area has a wonderful mud kitchen to play and explore in. We have great learning initiatives such as Shake and Write and Wake and Shake that are there to encourage and stimulate young bodies and minds.
We have a wonderful parent partnership group which is made up of 5 parents, the manager and deputy manager. The team work well together and working in partnership has helped to really move the nursery forward over the last year
We provide wonderful weekly menus that are both well balanced and delicious. We now have our Sliver Soil Association award and are working hard to get Gold! We have a 5* rating from EHO and are very proud of the food we provide for our children.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted, 2017 - click here to read our report.
- Extended opening hours from 7.30 start(s) until 6.30 closing. This gives our families the greatest flexibility to suit their work and home.
- Delicious, healthy, 5 * meals on a 3 weekly menu prepared by our on site chef. Our meals are fresh, nutritious and perfectly balanced to give your child the best start and healthy diet. We have gained a silver award for our high standards of food and can cater for all allergies and cultural diets.
- Bright and welcoming one level play areas to each age group to play, learn and explore; Providing a safe and spacious environment for all children.
- Dedicated, passionate and friendly staff with qualifications ranging from apprentices to degree. Staff have extensive knowledge of child development to support to our parents, children and families.
- Our Sweet Peas room is for our children who are below the age of 18 months or are still learning to walk. With small height furniture and resources to tantalise the senses this is a great start for those little ones.
- Our Bluebells room is for children under 26 Months. It is a large open space with free-flow garden access and focused learning areas to help the children’s language and play flourish.
- Our Poppies room was created for children to explore until they are approximately 40 Months or ready for our Pre-school unit. We have a free-flow system in place between two large areas offering large scale role play areas; cosy spaces and lots of learning and exploring opportunities.
- The Pre-school unit is a huge area consisting of two larger rooms and a mark making space in between. The children will continue developing all those essential skills needed for later in life and take part in all of our nursery enhancements, such as weekly ‘cook with me’ sessions and Babble to chatter programmes to develop communication and language skills.
- CCTV indoors and outdoors; password security system and intercom in place for building entry. A safe secure environment.