Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at Tibbi Tots Nursery is situated in a converted Edwardian house attached to a converted Church building. Set in beautiful, well-maintained grounds, the Nursery is only a minutes’ walk from the town centre and close to public transport links. The Nursery has an off-road drop off and pick up car park, with lots of room for this purpose.
We are a large Day Nursery, registered to care for up to 111 children every day. We take our responsibility in caring for your child extremely seriously by ensuring their whole day with us is an experience that is as close to “home from home” as possible.
On a day to day basis, we provide nappies and wipes and sun cream at no extra cost. We also provide a daily diary for all children under 2 years old, detailing their meals, nappies, sleeps and activities throughout the day.
All our meals and snacks are made from scratch daily by our qualified Chef who ensures he uses the freshest and, where possible, locally sourced ingredients. Craig ensures all the menus are nutritionally balanced. Craig is very proud of the 5 out of 5 stars he has received on the last three Environmental Health Department inspections and is the only Nursery in Sefton to receive the prestigious “Appetite for Life” Award which recognizes excellent standards in nutrition, hygiene and promotion of children’s health, including dental care, two years in succession. Craig is also an Ambassador for the Award and advises other Nurseries in the area about achieving the Award.
Every child within our setting is assigned a Key Person when they start. The Key Person’s role is to make special bonds with your child and with you as parents. The Key Person will compile a Learning Journal throughout your child’s journey in nursery and will contain information, observations, photographs and parent’s observations which help us in planning for your child’s learning through each of their stages of development.
We like the children to enjoy their time with us and join in lots of activities such as Nature Club and Kindermusik. We have a lovely outdoor play area and a smaller designated area with soft fall surface for the babies to use.
We also like you to get involved and enjoy taking part with us! We have a Parent Partnership Group, currently with five members. We also have lots of activities throughout the year such as Summer and Autumn Fayres, our Annual Christmas Grotto, Father’s Day and Fun Days, to name but a few. We also have Parent’s Evenings twice per year and even have a Children’s Council, which encourages our Pre-school children to have input into the types of activities and resources we have at Nursery.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Outstanding Ofsted report 2017
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Block Play for all those budding builders
- Steps to Independence - Building your child's confidence and individuality
- Our Imagination Station for all those little explorers
- Kinder Musik to bring out the musician in your child
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Babble to Chatter to support all children to develop effective language skills
- Shake and Write a programme of activities to support early handwriting development
- PEAL (Preparing an Early Approach to Literacy) a programme in the final term of Pre-school to foster and love of books and the concept of book sharing
- Emotional Transitions using persona dolls to support transitions and change
- Large, outdoor play areas for babies and the older children
- Highly qualified staff with years of experience, dedicated to safeguarding all children in our care
- Award winning chef and kitchen assistant providing healthy, nutritious and balanced meals/snacks.
- Appetite for Life Award seven years in succession
- Ambassador status Nursery for Sefton EHO
- Spacious, age-specific rooms, well-equipped to provide stimulation and fun for babies and small children
- Excellent parental partnerships with thorough Induction processes for parents and children and a Parent Partnership Committee
- Children's computers with Internet access along with a range of IT equipment for all age groups
- The nursery employs a dedicated Childcare Representative, a training mentor, health & safety officer and SENCO's to support the learning and development of staff and children to ensure everyone's safety at all times