Welcome to our nursery…
Our nursery is located in a quiet cul-de-sac, and only a 10 minute walk from Parkway Train Station. We have been refurbished earlier in the year, and now offer a nursery with a warm, welcoming, homely feel.
Busy Bees in Stoke Gifford is a single storey, purpose built nursery with a unique open plan layout. We have our own central area that can accommodate children’s parties and indoor activities as well as support open days and seasonal events. It also enables children with siblings in the nursery to see each other during the course of the day and for staff teams within individual age groups to support each other and be known to all of the children that attend the nursery.
The nursery rooms are split into age groups, babies, 1-2’s, 2-3’s and Pre-school. The rooms are situated along the central area allowing the children to free flow between environments so they can experience a wide variety of activities. All rooms also have direct access to the garden, with each age group having their own individual play area.
The staff team have varying qualifications from Level 2 to Level 6, with others undertaking the training to gain a childcare qualification. Busy Bees offer the staff team a training programme to support and continually develop their childcare practice, as well as the team having access to networks offered by the local authority. Some staff members take on additional responsibilities with Health and Safety, Behaviour management, SEN Co-ordinator and Training Mentor.
Staff members work within designated age groups so we can provide consistency for the children with a ‘keyworker’. The keyworker builds up a close relationship with individual children, ensuring their needs are met and children feel comfortable in their surroundings and support with the settling in process for new children starting the nursery.
We have our own nursery chefs that prepare all of the children’s meals, one of whom has been with us for 14 years. Menus are seasonal, run on a 4 week plan and have been created with the support of a dietician to ensure they are balanced. Chefs also support us with cooking activities for the children, and for those lucky enough to be with us on their birthday have their own homemade birthday cake made to celebrate and enjoy with their friends.
If you would like to find out more about the nursery then please call us to arrange a tour or pop in to one of our stay and play session that are held every Friday from 9.30-11am.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted December 2016 - Click here to see our report
- NEW! Secure Key Fob Access
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with Me for all those little chefs in the family
- Steps to Independence, building confidence and your child's individuality
- Stretch and Grow dance and fitness sessions
- Welcoming environment - fully air conditioned
- 3 large gardens, climbing frame with astro-safety surface and bike track
- Dedicated, committed long standing Management Team
- All meals prepared freshly on site by team of 2 cooks - our kitchen proudly boasts the 5 Star Hygiene Award from Environmental Health
- Close proximity to Parkway Station and the M5 / M4
- â€‹Cycling? leave your bike at our nursery whilst your child is there - Enquire at our nursery for more details