Busy Bees at Thetford
Mallow Road, Cloverfields, Thetford, IP24 2YD
Call Amanda on 01842 752757
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Welcome to our nursery...
We would like to welcome you to Thetford Busy Bees.
The nursery is ideally situated on a local resident estate, with a private car park. The nursery has easy access to Thetford town centre, Business estates and to all major roads including the A11. The nursery is on 2 floors comprising of 4 rooms and a large outside play area. Each room has age appropriate toys and activities which will enhance and excite your child’s development.
Our staff team are dedicated to their role in your child’s care and education. Our staff team have regular training, keeping their knowledge and skills up to date ensuring that your child receives the very best care and education.
We have a onsite chef who is dedicated in preparing freshly made food for your child to enjoy whilst at the nursery. In 2015 Busy Bees received the Silver Food Award from the Soil Association which ensures that we meet a high standard in our menus and quality of food which we serve.
As we pride ourselves in going the extra mile for the children that we care for, we offer some exciting opportunities to enhance those early childhood skills. Busy Babies play a part in your baby’s development with stimulating black and white resources whilst creating a relaxing lilac environment for your little one to sleep and relax. We recently introduced the talk time baskets to our toddler rooms. These baskets contain puppets and toys which encourage early childhood speech and create exciting play opportunities for your child. Within our 2-3s room we encourage the children to take part in the daily Wake and Shake moves. This is designed to encourage your child to develop physical movement alongside music getting them ready for the day ahead. In our pre-school room we have introduced the exciting shake and write – a programme of carefully coordinated moves which provides the children fun foundations of early handwriting skills.
At Thetford Busy Bees we are very proud of our achievements which have been accepted from outside professionals and from Busy Bees itself. In March 2014 Ofsted graded us as a GOOD setting and praised the staff in the quality of the teaching that they found. We also received the highest 5 star food rating from the Environmental Health Office once again at Thetford. We also achieved the HONOR award through Norfolk Environmental in areas of produce, variety and the services we offer to parents who are breast feeding.
Why not come and have a look around and see for yourself what we can offer you and your family at Thetford Busy Bees
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- Let your baby explore with our Busy Babies initiative in our dedicated baby room. Areas are designed to encourage your babies exploration and develop curiousity.
- Babble to Chatter is a unique educational enhancement to support communication for children of all ages
- Wake and Shake with Busy Bees every morning and join your child in a singing and dancing activity to give a healthy start to the day
- Exclusive to Busy Bees is the Shake and Write enhancement which shall provide your child with fun foundations for early writing skills in the pre-school room
- NEW Problem solving to mathematics enhancement has arrived at Thetford. A dedicated programme of activities focusing on mathematics and problem solving which has been endorsed by the creator of Storysacks! Neil Griffiths
- We employ a dedicated and long serving qualified staff team, who strives to ensure each child is happy, well cared for and fully supported as they grow and learn.â€‹
- A Parent Partnership Group is well established at the nursery, which meets to discuss areas of the nursery and up coming events. We always welcome new members.
- We offer a nutritious menu at the nursery, cooked by an onsite qualified chef using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
- Close to the town centre and the main routes through Thetford including the A11
- The nursery has 2 warm and nurturing baby rooms for children under 2 ½ years old and a 2-5 year old unit encompassing 2 rooms offering stimulating opportunities and encouraging independence and self confidence
- Large outside play space with a grassed sensory area which includes a mud kitchen, bug hotel and vegetable patch
- Extended opening hours from 7.30am - 6.00pm, Monday - Friday (except Bank Holidays) which are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility.
- A private car park to ensure close access for parents
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
What our customers say…
When looking around the nursery the children were always at the centre and I still feel this with how the staff plan.
Both my children have gone through Busy Bees. I believe they are ready to start school more advanced than a lot of other children. I don't believe they would have had this advantage with out you.
- Rebecca Raynor
Good staff members, good attitude, safe place. Lots of learning true play.
The staff in the toddler group are very good with the children. Emma, Caroline and Alice always make me and my son feel very welcome.