Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at Welwyn Garden City has been awarded GOOD with OUTSTANDING childcare elements by Ofsted 2013.
It is a purpose built, single storey building ideally situated on Shire Park Business Park in the heart of Welwyn Garden City. It is close to local shops, and the town centre is within 15 minutes’ walk away. The nursery is easily accessible from the train station and A1M motorway.
We have a very strong staff team here at Welwyn Garden City who are extremely passionate about what they do; many of the staff have been here since the nursery opened in 1994! We have 85% of our staff at qualified level along with 3 members of staff with a Foundation Degree in early years. We encourage all of our staff to attend further training to develop their skills; we have a very dedicated training team that provide a varied training package for all staff.
Our nursery chef and kitchen assistant provide healthy and nutritious meals for the children. All food is cooked fresh daily and is locally sourced. The nursery menus are varied and we are able to cater for any dietary requirements. We are very proud to have received the Sliver award with the Soil Association and also 5 stars on our Environmental Health Inspection.
As a team we are very passionate about the environment and recycling, so much so that we offer Bio-degradable nappies and wipes, we have recycling bins throughout the nursery and encourage the children to recycle, we collect rain water to water our plants and we are currently growing our very own vegetables. We also have the opportunity for parents to recycle their batteries.
In January 2015 we introduced Formula Milk for all babies up to 1 year old.
The staff team are passionate about the range of indoor and outdoor activities they provide to encourage and promote the developmental stages and interests of each individual child. We promote equal opportunities within nursery and encourage the children to make choices, plan and evaluate their activities to enable them to promote social, creative, language and communication skills. It is lovely to see a child grow and their interest change just simply by allowing children to make choice and follow their own passions. The children take part in a wide range of Busy Bees initiatives which include Wake & Shake, Busy Babies, Imagination Station, Cooking with me, Shake & Write, Preparing an Early Approach to Literacy, Emotional Transitions, Talking Baskets and Grow your own. We offer the children the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow throughout the nursery to the refurbished gardens.
We have built up wonderful relationships with the local community and are part of the Children Centre and other local agencies including Health Visitors and the Early Years team at Hertfordshire County Council.
To help us make necessary changes and improvements we provide a Parent Partnership Group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and listen to their views. We currently have 9 members of the Partnership group who meet quarterly to discuss up and coming events. They are also available for support to new perspective parents.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted September 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Busy Babies to enhance and stimulate your babies senses
- Existing and stimulating activities for all age groups including Wake & Shake and baby singing to get your child motivated in the mornings
- Emotional Transitions initiative
- Talking baskets to support early communication skills for the younger children.
- Cooking with Me for all those little chefs in the family
- A stimulating environment for our pre-school children Preparing an Early approach to Literacy and supportive them with Shake & Write, allowing them to get ready for Big school.
- Growing Project for all those budding gardeners
- Our Imagination Station to support and enhance your child’s imagination through play
- CCTV for viewing only and secure access system for your peace of mind
- The play areas are bright, spacious and welcoming
- Large refurbished, fully enclosed gardens and outdoor play for each individual age group
- Organic milk and Biodegradable eco friendly nappies inclusive for all ages
- Formula Milk for babies up to 1 year old
- An innovative Sensory Room to help calm and encourage children’s senses
- A 'Green' approach - the nursery recycles all materials including waste paper, cardboard, plastic, metal and mobile phones. The building also uses energy efficient lights
- Healthy menu’s for the children along with weaning menus all freshly prepared and cooked by our in house chef
- Five star food hygiene rating received August 2014
- Friendly, dedicated well established qualified staff team
- Monthly visits from the hairdresser
- Located conveniently close to the town centre and train station with good links to main roads
- 100% Green RAG rating in the Hertfordshire County Council Quality Matters Monitoring scheme
- All childcare vouchers accepted
- Disabled access throughout nursery
- Open 52 weeks of the year excluding bank holidays.