Busy Bees at Weston Super Mare
Bransby Way, Locking Castle, Weston Super Mare, BS24 7EU
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Clare on 01934 519850
8am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
Cares for children aged
3 months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees at Weston Super Mare is a purpose built nursery that is located close to the train station and motorway junction. We also have easy access to the local school and library, shops and duck pond.
The nursery has 6 rooms specifically designed for each age group, providing lots of opportunities for play and exploration. The children can benefit from our large, fully enclosed garden and we have a separate garden for babies with a soft astro-turf surface. The garden has an inviting climbing frame, sand, water and an abundance of toys for the children to explore. The staff also work with the children in our growing area where we try our best to grow flowers as well as herbs for the kitchen. The children also help to care for our pet rabbit Auther.
Our staff team are dedicated to ensuring the children have lots of fun whilst at nursery. The babies can explore our black and white ‘busy babies’ area and the older children get involved with our ‘cooking with me’ initiative. The key person philosophy enables children to have a named person they can relate to and build relationships with and the staff observe the children to get to know their interests and support their development.
Each day our head chef Sue cooks fresh home cooked meals for the children using seasonal ingredients. The menus offer a variety of foods to ensure they are nutritious and provide for the children’s dietary needs. The nursery has achieved a Bronze soil association award for our catering. We follow ‘ten steps to healthy toddlers’, which allows the children to have independence and choice during meal times. The children help to set up the meal time area and help to tidy up when everyone has finished. During the meal times children are encouraged to eat a wide variety of healthy meals and are always encouraged to talk about the importance of healthy eating.
We work very closely with parents as partners and have a Parent Liaison Group who meet with management regularly. The parent partnership group are introduced to all new parents and they can ask the members questions via email on our web site.
Weston-Super-Mare have a long serving Management team with good knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage and the ability to ensure all children are treated as individuals. Staff are updated regularly with relevant policies and procedures to ensure all staff provide a safe and stimulating environment for all the children.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Outstanding Ofsted August 2016 - Click here to see our report
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Cooking with Me for all those creative chefs in the family
- Exciting rooms and purpose built facilities
- Fresh home cooked food
- Separate rooms and garden for young babies
- Work very closely with parents as partners and have a Parent Liaison Group who meet with management regularly
- Long serving Management team with good knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage and the ability to ensure all children are treated as individuals
- Purpose built nursery with good access to motorway and railway station. Close to local schools.
- Bright and spacious rooms specifically design for each age group with lots of opportunities to play and explore.
- Large fully enclosed garden with separate area for children under 1
- In house training programme to ensure staff are always up to date with current knowledge, helping them to provide a safe and stimulating environment for all the children.
- Freshly prepared and cooked nutritious meals made on sight by our qualified chef. 5 stars for food hygiene from EHO
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
What our customers say…
I am so happy with the care my daughter receives. She loves coming to nursery and has great bonds with her carers and peers.
- Lidea Barton
The service they get from the staff that work there is brilliant and the food they receive is lovely.
I am so pleased with the progress Jack has made, thanks to his key person and all the other girls. They do lots of activities with the children, including outdoor play which is Jackâ€™s favorite.
- Danielle Tozer
Always pleased with the care my daughter receives and the great communication and feedback we get off staff everyday.
- Clare Dymott
I am really happy with the childcare my son gets. He is really happy when he is here. I have watched him develop since he started and I would like to thank all staff that have helped him to do that.
- Louise Hopcraft