Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at Woking is a beautiful 2 storey building previously known as the Brookwood Hospital social club. The nursery is easily accessible from Brookwood train and bus routes. The nursery is also close to the M3 and M25.
The nursery provides 4 spacious rooms for children aged 3 months to 5 years and all rooms contain age appropriate equipment to provide a range of learning opportunities for all age groups encouraging them to explore, investigate and learn. The rooms are bright and open planned each with their individual key persons who provide a safe and stimulating environment. The key persons follow the EYFS creating Learning Journals for each child to ensure their individual needs are being met and their development is being tracked.
The children also enjoy free flowing into our outdoor garden and our very own airy indoor enchanted forest which also provides that outdoor feeling thanks to our secure but open windows. With the forest theme the children enjoy going on a bear hunt and looking for the Gruffalo following the indoor track. Both indoor and outdoor gardens provide resources for all age groups giving the children an opportunity to explore outdoors as well as indoors.
Our team at Woking are extremely passionate and committed to what they do and cherish their partnership with the children and parents. Our staff thrive to provide a high quality service to ensure that our parents and children are comfortable and confident in our setting. Our longest serving member of the team is Holly Bowdrey who started here in 2004 and in total our staff have 83 years’ experience in Childcare combined. Our staff are either level 3 qualified or currently working towards their Level 3 in Childcare. Some of our senior team also hold a Foundation degree in Early Years and a level 3 in Leadership and Management. All our staff take full advantage of the training that is provided by Busy Bees and all our senior team hold their First Aid at work certificate as well as the rest of team holding Paediatric First Aid certificates.
We have launched a range of initiatives in the last year including Wake and Shake encouraging the children to use their body to express themselves through movement, our Busy Babies initiative with stimulating sensory areas for our smaller babies and Imagination station initiative situated with our toddlers encouraging them to explore and learn through using their imagination alongside their peers.
Here at Woking we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities such as Jo Jingles, Stretch and Grow and Sports and Soccer for all ages to join in.
We have our very own Parent Partnership Group, a small committee of parents that meet regularly and offer support to any existing or non-existing parents. We pride ourselves to ensure we maintain a fantastic relationship with our parents and extended families.
We would love for you to come along and have a look at our fantastic newly furbished nursery and meet our fantastic dedicated staff team. If you wish to book an appointment contact us now and we will be more than happy to assist! It’s really worth a look!
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted February 2014 - Click here to see our report
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Our Imagination Station for those little explorers
- Wake and Shake initiative to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Extra curricular activities including French lessons, Jo Jingles and Tots in sports
- Sensory room - to stimulate and encourage your child’s senses
- Good EHO Award for healthy eating
- CCTV and secure access systems
- Large, fully enclosed garden and play area
- Soft play area
- Amazing interactive smart board in pre-school
- All meals are freshly prepared and cooked every day in nursery by our professional chef
- Private car park for easy drop off / collection
- Convenient location
- Newly designed outdoor garden with an enchanted forest theme
- Beautifully refurbished large, spacious and airy nursery
- Parent’s room
- Click here to take a tour of our garden.