Potatoes, peeled and diced
Ground Black Pepper
Potatoes, peeled and evenly diced
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas5
2. Remove the chicken and allow to cool until easy to handle, whilst keeping the chicken water for use later.
3. Shred or chop the chicken into bite size pieces and discard any skin and bones
4. In a separate pan, on a medium heat, add the oil and sweat off the potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery for a few minutes
5. Add the Tomato puree and tinned tomato stirring well.
6. Return the chicken and add the corn and butterbeans and cover with some of the water that you used to cook the chicken.
7. Stir well and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour stirring regularly to avoid the beans from sticking.
8. Season with pepper and serve with mashed potato.
9. Add the potatoes to a pan of cold water and boil for about 15 mins or until tender.
10. Transfer to a colander and drain well, then return to the pan and set over a very low heat for 2 mins to dry completely.
11 . Heat the milk and butter in a small pan, then pour over the potatoes. Remove from the heat, then mash potatoes using an electric hand whisk or potato masher.
12. Season with pepper.