Busy Bees at Blaydon
Park View, Shibdon Road, Blaydon-on-Tyne, NE21 5LU
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Natalie on 0191 499 0550
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees Blaydon is a children’s day nursery situated on the edge of a quiet beauty spot, Blaydon Nature Reserve, which is on the outskirts of the town. The nursery is only a 5-minute walk to the local shopping centre and bus station, NHS and leisure centres and a 2-minutes drive from the A1 and A694. The nursery is entered through a secure, pin coded intercom system with CCTV covering the nursery grounds.
The nursery has a fully qualified, long standing staff team who develop strong relationships with their key children and parents, giving daily feedback to keep parents informed of their child’s progress. The nursery holds parents’ evening twice a year, and also holds fundraising events to raise money for charity which involves the whole community.
Our nursery Chef Stacey is committed to providing nutritious and healthy meals for the children, using fresh ingredients which are locally sourced. The nursery has achieved the highest possible rating for Food Hygiene being awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Gateshead Council. The nursery menus offer a varied range of foods and any dietary requirements can be catered for by our experienced catering team.
We have an open-door policy for parents to ensure you are kept informed about all aspects of the nursery. We always welcome visits and regular contact with you and your family. Parents' evenings are held to allow you the opportunity to speak with your child’s key person about their current progress at nursery.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Good Ofsted 2017 - Click here to view our report
- 5 out of 5 stars for Food Hygiene
- Bright, spacious, well-equipped rooms
- Established, long serving staff team members
- Experienced, trained and qualified staff
- Fresh, nutritious meals prepared daily by our on-site chef
and dining room for older children
- Exciting landscaped garden area including a decked area, allowing the children to explore and enjoy all-weather activities
- Drive/car park for drop off and collection of children
- All inclusive provision of brand name nappies, wipes and sun creams, taking away the pressure of having to remember these extra supplies for nursery
Here are some of the special features that we offer:
- Rooms which are carefully designed, cheerfully decorated and thoughtfully furnished to provide specialist care for each age group
- Modern, age-appropriate toys, sensory experiences, stimulating learning aids and equipment
- Active parental involvement - we have an open-door policy for parents to ensure you are kept informed about all aspects of the nursery. We always welcome visits and regular contact with you and your family. Parents' Evenings are held to allow you the opportunity to speak with your child’s key person about their current progress at nursery.
- Carefully selected staff who are thoroughly checked before appointment
- Detailed induction programmes and regular training for all staff
- A Key Person for your child who will help you keep in touch with all the activities of the nursery day and also provide your child with extra comfort, security and reassurance
- Safe and secure buildings which have CCTV cameras and closely monitored access
- Regular feedback including annual parental surveys which are valued and encouraged
What our customers say…
What a lovely morning, so nice to see and meet the staff looking after my granddaughter. The children are obviously happy in their surroundings and every attention is paid to them.Thanks to all.
Thank you for a lovely grandparents morning. We were very impressed with the nursery. The children were all very happy and the staff do a great job of keeping them all occupied. Well done!
- Susan and Brian Little
The nursery information pack and initial site tour soon demonstrated that this was right choice for us. We have been relieved at how comfortable and confident the staff have helped us to feel.
Thank you so much for all your kindness, care and support you have provided to Daniel and Zach over the few years. Its meant so much to know that they've been in a happy loving environment.
- Mark, Hannah, Daniel and Zach
Lovely staff ( what patience ) great environment for all ages, my grandson loves being here. Thanks for everything, brilliant.
- Robin and Linda