Busy Bees at Blaydon
Park View, Shibdon Road, Blaydon-on-Tyne, NE21 5LU
Call Natalie on 0191 499 0550
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees Blaydon is a children’s day nursery situated on the edge of a quiet beauty spot, Blaydon Nature Reserve, which is on the outskirts of the town. The nursery is only a 5-minute walk to the local shopping centre and bus station, NHS and leisure centres and a 2-minutes drive from the A1 and A694. The nursery is entered through a secure, pin coded intercom system with CCTV covering the nursery grounds.
The nursery has a fully qualified, long standing staff team who develop strong relationships with their key children and parents, giving daily feedback to keep parents informed of their child’s progress. The nursery holds parents’ evening twice a year, and also holds fundraising events to raise money for charity which involves the whole community.
Our nursery Chef, Brenda and chef assistant Stacey are committed to providing nutritious and healthy meals for the children, using fresh ingredients which are locally sourced. The nursery has achieved the highest possible rating for Food Hygiene being awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Gateshead Council. The nursery menus offer a varied range of foods and any dietary requirements can be catered for by our experienced catering team.
We have an open-door policy for parents to ensure you are kept informed about all aspects of the nursery. We always welcome visits and regular contact with you and your family. Parents' evenings are held to allow you the opportunity to speak with your child’s key person about their current progress at nursery.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- Good Ofsted 2015 - Click here to view our report
- 5 out of 5 stars for Food Hygiene
- Bright, spacious, well-equipped rooms
- Established, long serving staff team members
- Experienced, trained and qualified staff
- Fresh, nutritious meals prepared daily by our on-site chef
and dining room for older children
- Exciting landscaped garden area including a decked area, allowing the children to explore and enjoy all-weather activities
- Drive/car park for drop off and collection of children
- All inclusive provision of brand name nappies, wipes and sun creams, taking away the pressure of having to remember these extra supplies for nursery
Here are some of the special features that we offer:
- Rooms which are carefully designed, cheerfully decorated and thoughtfully furnished to provide specialist care for each age group
- Modern, age-appropriate toys, sensory experiences, stimulating learning aids and equipment
- Active parental involvement - we have an open-door policy for parents to ensure you are kept informed about all aspects of the nursery. We always welcome visits and regular contact with you and your family. Parents' Evenings are held to allow you the opportunity to speak with your child’s key person about their current progress at nursery.
- Carefully selected staff who are thoroughly checked before appointment
- Detailed induction programmes and regular training for all staff
- A Key Person for your child who will help you keep in touch with all the activities of the nursery day and also provide your child with extra comfort, security and reassurance
- Safe and secure buildings which have CCTV cameras and closely monitored access
- Regular feedback including annual parental surveys which are valued and encouraged
What our customers say…
Just Learning in Blaydon is a well situated nursery which provides first class childcare. The staff within the nursery are friendly and very professional.
Thank you for a warm welcome to grandparents coffee morning. A good opportunity to see Lewis' surroundings when he is at nursery. All the staff were helpful. The children are all well looked after.
- Lewis Atherton's grandparents
Thank you for a lovely grandparents morning. We were very impressed with the nursery. The children were all very happy and the staff do a great job of keeping them all occupied. Well done!
- Susan and Brian Little
Lovely staff ( what patience ) great environment for all ages, my grandson loves being here. Thanks for everything, brilliant.
- Robin and Linda
Thank you for giving the opportunity to see Dylan T and the other children in their normal daily routine.