Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bess in Great Notley, Braintree is a large children’s day nursery near to the Tesco supermarket.
We provide Outstanding Care and Education as rated by Ofsted In April 2013 for children from 6 weeks through to 5 years. We also provide an out of school service for 5 – 10 Years olds, serving Notley Green primary school and White court Primary school, which is a very sought after service.
The staff are qualified to a high standard including four with a BA Hons in Childhood studies, and one with a Foundation degree. Each one of these staff members works within a different age group so their knowledge and expertise can be disseminated to fellow practitioners therefore benefiting all children within our care. Most staff are also trained in paediatric first aid to ensure an element of safety across the whole nursery.
We have free flow access into the garden from most of the childcare rooms, allowing freedom of choice for all children on a daily basis.
Our Pre-school room is part of an Academy and therefore really prepares the children for that all important step into school. The children engage in a range of daily Numeracy and Literacy sessions as well as planned activities which are derived around topics chosen by the children through their current interests at home and nursery. We teach the children the Jolly phonics, whereby we set up the learning environment to incorporate the sounds we are working on within the daily activities that we have on offer. This age group also takes part in our fantastic initiative shake and write.
Our Baby rooms are very calm and collective creating a sense of security for all babies in our care. We have a very calming lilac area which creates a sense of relaxation for our sleeping babies and also a stimulating black and white area.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Outstanding Ofsted 2013 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- A purpose-built nursery has 2 warm nurturing rooms for children aged 0-2 years, 2 bright stimulating toddler rooms, 1 exciting pre-school room which are perfect for preparing each child for school and one large room for our before and after-school club children
- A large outdoor area which is full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore
- Direct access into the garden for all age groups with separate areas for creative play
- Extended opening hours from 7.00am - 6.30pm, Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays) at no extra cost. Designed to give parents the greatest flexibility
- Nappies, wipes and sun cream all included at no extra cost
- Nutritious meals freshly prepared and served by our Level 3 qualified chef in our 5 star rated kitchen
- Caring qualified staff who strive to ensure each child is happy, well cared for and supported as they grow and learn. Many have been at our nursery for more than 5 years
- A resident hairdresser who visits the nursery once every 6 weeks
- Links with our local schools to prepare all children for transition to their next stage after nursery. This can be a daunting experience for both parents and children so we fully appreciate the need to understand the services schools have on offer
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Shake and Write a programme of activities to support early handwriting development
- Preparing an early Approach to Literacy (PEAL) Initiative
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Other initiative such as Literacy & Numeracy Cards, Language Cards and Talk Time Baskets