Busy Bees at Great Notley, Braintree
Notley Green, Great Notley Garden Village, Braintree, Essex, CM77 7US
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Melissa on 01376 552700
From 07:00 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Great Notley, Braintree is a large children’s day nursery near to the Tesco supermarket.
We provide Outstanding Care and Education as rated by Ofsted In June 2018 for children from 6 weeks through to 5 years.
The staff are qualified to a high standard including four with a BA Hons in Childhood studies, and one with a Foundation degree. Each one of these staff members works within a different age group so their knowledge and expertise can be disseminated to fellow practitioners therefore benefiting all children within our care. Most staff are also trained in paediatric first aid to ensure an element of safety across the whole nursery.
We have free flow access into the garden from most of the childcare rooms, allowing freedom of choice for all children on a daily basis. We were very lucky to have our garden renovated in 2017 and it has become an even better space for the children to play in. The all weather surface allows the children to use the garden as much as possible and the children also have access to a larger space than before. The natural wooden play equipment and the new road for the bikes has complemented the spaces in which the children play.
Our bespoke Foundation Class is a space designed for children to feel happy and secure in, and one that provides a familiarity in preparation for school.
Within the activities, children will be encouraged to become active learners to foster the love of learning. By providing plenty of opportunities to experience hands on learning and investigations, we are encouraging children to debate and discuss their findings; all skills required for later learning.The children have access to a projector, human body parts and lots of other resources to explore. All the areas are very defined and the children explore these with lots of curiosity. If you would like to come and see our Foundation Class please do arrange a visit to our nursery.
Our nursery Chef, Trinitty and Kitchen Assistant, Marie, prepare nutritious meals encouraging a balanced diet for all the children in our care. The children are encouraged to try new and exciting foods and meal times are used as a time for social interaction and to learn about being healthy. Our seasonal menus are overseen by a dietician and local produce sourced to ensure a fresh approach to cooking.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- A purpose-built nursery has 2 warm nurturing rooms for children aged 0-2 years, 2 bright stimulating toddler rooms, 1 exciting pre-school room which are perfect for preparing each child for school
- A large outdoor area which is full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore
- Direct access into the garden for all age groups with separate areas for creative play
- Extended opening hours from 7.00am - 6.30pm, Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays) at no extra cost. Designed to give parents the greatest flexibility
- Nappies, wipes and sun cream all included at no extra cost
- Nutritious meals freshly prepared and served by our Level 3 qualified chef in our 5 star rated kitchen
- Caring qualified staff who strive to ensure each child is happy, well cared for and supported as they grow and learn. Many have been at our nursery for more than 5 years
- A resident hairdresser who visits the nursery once every 6 weeks
- Links with our local schools to prepare all children for transition to their next stage after nursery. This can be a daunting experience for both parents and children so we fully appreciate the need to understand the services schools have on offer
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Shake and Write a programme of activities to support early handwriting development
- Preparing an early Approach to Literacy (PEAL) Initiative
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your baby's senses
- Other initiative such as Literacy & Numeracy Cards, Language Cards and Talk Time Basket
- We would love to show you around our nursery, book a visit today
What our customers say…
Our daughter has been with Busy Bees since she was 18mths old and choosing Busy Bees was one of the best decisions we made.
Not only has my Daughter come a long way socially, she has also learnt to a high pre-school level and will be more than ready to start school in September, thanks to Busy Bees and their commitment.
- Kelly Pearce
The activities and events they plan are over and above my high expectations
Our son has additional needs which are catered for extremely well within this nursery. The team are highly dedicated and ensure his development is always a high priority
I can't thank you all enough for your help and support, I would recommend your nursery to anyone
- Henry's Mum