Busy Bees in Chatham
Brunel, Chatham Maritime, Chatham, ME4 4AF
Call Toni on 01634 890250
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
3 months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Chatham provides OUTSTANDING childcare as reported by OFSTED in 2008, 2011 and out most recent one in April 2014.
We are very passionate at providing the best possible start for children and their families and involving the community.
Here at Chatham we have a beautiful purpose built nursery just outside of the historic Chatham docks consisting of large welcoming rooms for all ages and just recently we have had our large bathroom completely refurbished to suit the children’s needs. We also have a new fully resourced Foundation Class.
This is still on offer however its now available from the age of 2 and the instructor is called Kate.
We hold events at weekends and during evenings.
We have a large committee of parents who sit on our Parent Partnership Group, something all parents are free to join. We pride ourselves based on our fantastic relationships with parents and extended families.
We have a very dedicated and hard-working staff team which consists of experienced and highly skilled individuals who are either NVQ level 3 trained or working towards it. In 2016, we were the winners of the nursery team awards.
We take full advantage of the training courses provided through Busy Bees and access support provided through our individual teams at Head Office.
Our philosophy here at Chatham is to go above and beyond all expectations and to welcome new children and family members to our ‘Busy Bee Family’.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- For the third time in a row we have been awarded an OUTSTANDING by Ofsted 2014 - click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Long standing staff team. Job share managers with over 10 years experience at the setting
- Friendly, loyal staff team and Busy Bees staff team of the year 2016
- Large, secure garden area with separate sections for under twos and over’s twos to ensure free flow and recently refurbished
- Fully equipped Kitchen and long serving Cook who has been with us for over 20 years
- Nappies inclusive for all ages
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative implemented to enhance babies senses
- We have a wonderful family/breastfeeding area in the baby room
- Shiny area available for the pre-toddlers to enjoy
- Block Play initiative for the pre-toddlers
- Our Imagination Station set up in the toddler room to encourage them to be creative
- Cooking with Me initiative to encourage children’s use of problem solving reasoning and numeracy skills
- Emotional Transitions initiative to support children moving through life experiences
- Home learning books to share with parents communication on activities at home and nursery
- Health Visitor, Claire Shaw-Rowlands visits us monthly
- Kickboxing with Francis in pre-school
- Dads' Saturday Group every other month on a Saturday
- A beautifully extended 1-2s room
- Click here to take a tour of our garden.
- Spanish lessons with Lingotot on Wednesday for all ages to attend with a cost
- Regular visits from the library bus
What our customers say…
We're also pleased because she has learnt so much in terms of communication and good meal time habits
The nursery is great, the staff are friendly, helpful and my daughter has a great bond with them. She has built up her confidence, learns so many things from nursery..
- Charlotte Samuels
There is always lots to do and the food menu is very good!My child always has fun and loves going to nursery, she even says she is going to see friends and family!
Our little girl enjoys her time at nursery and is keen to see her carers especially those she has built a special bond with.
They provide my daughter with a fantastic range of experiences and activities that are personalised, she has learnt so much and enjoys every day she is here