Welcome to our nursery…
Darlington nursery opened its doors in 1996 and has served the local community and beyond to look after and educate children from birth to five.
The nursery was rebranded and fully refurbished in March 2013 and we are very proud to be part of the Busy Bees family.
The children and staff are supported by two members of staff who have gained the Early Years Teacher Status. They use their knowledge of child development to enhance the learning environment so that children achieve to the best of their abilities.
We have many long serving staff, with some staff achieving their fifteen year awards. This shows what a dedicated team we have, who are dedicated to the childcare profession and strive to ensure each child is happy and well cared for.
We have strong links with the local Children’s Centre and work closely with the Health Visitors so that children are supported in their learning so that they are ready for school when the time arrives.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted November 2016 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Purpose Built Nursery – large spacious rooms to play and rest
- Large Outdoor Area – Full of exciting opportunities for the children to explore. Rooms have covered area so that children can freely access the outdoors
- Extended opening hours – 7.30am to 6pm
- Private Car Park – making dropping off and Picking up stress free
- Nutritious meals and snacks included with no extra cost. Freshly prepared and served by our qualified onsite Chef
- 5 star food hygiene certificate
- Busy Babies – to enhance your baby's senses
- Shake and Write – our early literacy programme,
- Wake & Shake – singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Shake and Write – dance activity to support the physical skills needed for handwriting – exclusive to Busy Bees
- Ideally located in Cockerton area of town
- Experienced, trained and qualified staff
Rooms are cheerfully decorated and furnished to provide specialist care for each age group.
Age appropriate toys, sensory experiences, stimulating learning aids and equipment.
Active parental involvement – we have an open door policy for parents and prospective parents to ensure that you are kept informed and up to date about all aspects of the nursery
Parents evenings are held twice a year to allow the you the opportunity to speak to your child’s key person about their current progress at nursery.
All staff are carefully selected before employment and are thoroughly checked before appointment
Detailed staff induction programmes and regular training for staff
Every child has a key person who will provide your child will comfort and reassurance and will keep in touch with you about all of the activities of the nursery day
5% discount for parents that work for the NHS
Teachers rate now available