Busy Bees at Discoveryland
Jaguar Land Rover, Lode Lane, Solihull, B92 8NW
Call Debra on 0121 700 4898
From 07:00 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
3months - 5years
Welcome to our nursery...
Discoveryland nursery is a purpose built work based nursery for the use of Jaguar Landrover and contractor employees only. We are a secure site which can only be accessed through the Landrover security site. We are located on the Landrover site close to the driving experience and are open from 7am - 6pm (closed on bank holidays). The nursery consists of 5 rooms, which are Daises 3-15months, Bluebells 15-24 months, Buttercups 2-3 years, Tulips and Sunflowers 3-5 years. They are all large rooms with Fire exits in each room.
We have a large garden area which is split into 4 sections, a soft play area, a grass area and 2 playgrounds. The children are able to grow their own fruit and vegetables, dig in the mud or sand pits, or take part in a variety of exciting activities offered.
The staff at Discoveryland are dedicated in giving the children the best start and work alongside the parents to provide every opportunity to each child. We follow the EYFS within the nursery and continually observe and support the children in their individual needs. All of our staff are either Level 3 or above trained or are working towards their level 3 qualification. All the staff at Discoveryland are committed in personnel development and attend a variety of courses offered by either our National support centre within the Busy Bees company or with Solihull council such as First Aid, Food Safety and EYFS to name a few.
We have many initiatives within the nursery designed by our support centre that are offered to the children. Babies have the Busy Babies initiative . This is the black and white area in babies. We also have Wake and Shake and the Golden mile from 2 years and above. Pre-school children have access to our smart board and a touch screen computer, and the nursery also has a separate library for the children with a variety of books and a computer for everyone to use.
The children's time in nursery is treasured and remembered in a variety of ways, such as displays, photographs and the children's learning journals which are their own to keep when they leave the nursery, we also have a graduation ceremony for all the children to attend when they leave us.
We hold parents evenings twice a year for the parents to come along and speak to their child's key person and we have a large amount of parents in our Parent partnership group who support the nursery in many ways.
The children are able to take part in extra-curricular activities such as Sports skills and Jo-Jingles on a weekly basis.
We have a Senco, Behaviour management co-ordinator and Health and safety officer on site who specialise in these areas and support the children, staff and parents.
We offer a healthy and well balanced menu for all the children and have been awarded the 5* award in excellent food hygiene standard. The food is all prepared on site by our trained kitchen staff. There is a four week menu in place that is changed seasonally.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- GOOD Ofsted June 2015 - Click here to see our report
- Great, secure location on the site of JaguarLandrover in Solihull
- Solely for the use of JaguarLandrover employees and Contractors ONLY
- 5 large rooms each with either its own Senior Room Manager or Room Manager who plan and co-ordinate the children’s activities throughout the day
- Engaging activities available throughout the day enabling your child to take part in a range of activities including;-
- Wake and Shake – a singing and dancing initiative launched by Busy Bees to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Shake and Write –a unique learning enhancement for children in our pre-school room, to help support the physical skills needed for handwriting
- Babble to Chatter – a Busy Bees initiative for 0-5 year olds to develop their language and communication skills
- The education we provide is in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework
- A full time nursery chef located on site who provides home cooked, nutritious meals for all children catering for all special dietary requirements
- Seasonal menus that are created, prepared and served in line with the Silver Food for Life Catering Mark, awarded by The Soil Association
- Food Safety Agency Rating of 5 awarded in September 2015
- Secure outdoor play areas including 2 soft play areas, 1 large playground, 1 exploratory garden and an outside classroom
- Extra activities offered including Jo Jingles music sessions for the 2 year olds and under and Rugbytots sessions for the 3 year olds and over
What our customers say…
Have noticed a great improvement in Ronan since he started nursery. He is much more interactive and seems to really enjoy it. We are really pleased with how he is doing and appreciate everything you a
- Jenny Saunders
We are really happy with how Oliver is progressing whilst at Busy Bees - the staff are always friendly and listen to our comments on how to support him best as an individual.
- Oliver's Mum
Joshua has really enjoyed his time at Discoveryland and it has been nice to see his confidence and development increase over the years he has been there
- Josuhaâ€™s parents
Lily-Mae really loves nursery and we are really pleased with her progress. She has made lots of friends with both staff and children.
- Lily-Mae's Mum
We are happy with all aspects of the nursery. Communications lines are good. Staff are polite and helpful. Noah seems very happy within the nursery environment, which is all we can ask for.
- Michael Turner