Major Minors is the leading nursery in Godalming. Established for over 10 years this nursery, which is graded “Outstanding” by Ofsted, occupies a convenient location on Bridge Road, near the centre of Godalming. Occupying two distinctive buildings, the oldest of which is Grade II listed, the nursery has great character and a wealth of unique features.
Being former school buildings all the rooms are light and airy and for the babies there is a dedicated sleep room. Children progress through the rooms of the nursery as they grow and develop with the highly qualified nursery team continually planning learning challenges for each individual child to support their development. The early years education planning is overseen by our own Qualified Teacher who also supports training and professional development across the nursery.
There is a large playground incorporating a range of equipment and resources to stimulate the children’s imagination and learning. This links with a large grass area to the side of the nursery which is wonderful for games, bug hunts and picnics. This is also where we hold our annual Family Fun Sports Day.
Our Chef Caroline prepares nutritious and wholesome nursery food each day with lots of “hidden vegetables”, and is always happy to work with parents to ensure any allergies are properly catered for.
• Outstanding Ofsted - April 2016 Click here to see our report
• A large grassy garden with separate vegetable patch, sensory garden and bug city.
• A large playground, with separate baby garden, filled with age appropriate equipment.
• Bright, welcoming base rooms for each age group.
• A qualified teacher in our Little School.
• An on site chef and two kitchen assistants who prepare wonderful nutritious meals onsite, everyday.
• CCTV and secure access systems.
• A dedicated sleep room for our babies.
• Wake and Shake sessions; children will feel re-energised and ready to learn, adopting a positive approach to the day.
• Shake and Write our fun and exciting approach for Little School children to develop the physical skills needed for handwriting.
• Extra curricula sports, music, French and drama activities. Click here to find out about Active8 Minds.
Thank you for helping J to not only learn and develop but also for nurturing such good friendships with his peers and close bonds with his teachers. We could not have hoped for a better early years
We dropped off a baby and we leave with a beautiful, well mannered, inquisitive and delightful son. We have been as happy as happy as he has, everyday. The team are truly dedicated and professional
T has had the most amazing love, care and attention from all of you since day 1. I canâ€™t tell you the peace of mind it has given me to know that when we have left T with you each day
Everyone at Major Minors has been brilliant and we could never have asked for more. Thank you ever so much
Please answer the questions below so we can direct your enquiry to the correct department.