Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at Greenwich, formally known as the "Brook Day Nursery and Early Years Childcare", the nursery has been registered in its present location since August 1998. It is in close proximity to Woolwich Dockyard train Station, various bus routes and A206. The nursery is positioned around plenty of free off street parking.
The nursery operates from a detached building consisting of five group rooms and a very large rear garden. The setting cares for up to 51 children at any one time ranging from babies up to rising five’s.
We regularly hold nursery events from our summer party to Christmas disco’s; this gives us an opportunity to open up the nursery to children and their families so that you can be more involved in the experience that your child has with us on a day to day basis.
The team have a comprehensive range of qualifications, the majority holding a level 3. The senior team also holds level 3’s in leadership and management. Each practitioner excels in embracing diversity where children have a range of ethnic backgrounds. Staff pull together to explore beyond their own experiences, to understand different cultures and incorporate new languages into daily life.
The staff team develop strong relationships with their key children and parents, giving daily feedback to keep the parents informed of their progress. We hold parent evenings at our nurseries twice a year, giving you an opportunity to meet with your child’s key staff and to discuss in more detail your child’s development. These evenings also give you the opportunity to socialise with other parents and staff from the nursery.
Our on-site chef Victoria and assistant chef Matadene are committed to providing nutritious and healthy meals for the children using fresh ingredients. The nursery menu offers a varied range of food and special dietary requirements can be catered for.
We ensure that your children have an enjoyable time while at nursery and that their needs and interests are met through exciting activities and play opportunities. The children take part in a range of Busy Bees enhancements which include Wake and Shake, Babble to chatter and Shake and write.
Our outdoor area is fantastic! We are lucky enough to have a lovely woodland area in the heart of London with a low tree house. There is a separate garden for babies, toddlers, 2-3years olds and pre-school. We offer the children the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow throughout the nursery.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted result 2016 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Open each weekday 7.30am-6pm, 52 weeks per year
- Dedicated play and sleep rooms for babies
- Highly qualified, experienced staff
- Onsite chef who prepares fresh food daily from our three weekly seasonal menus.
- Secure access systems for your child’s safety.
- Childcare vouchers accepted.
- Close Proximity to the local train station, bus routes and A206.
- Disabled access.
- Large garden.
- Off street parking.
- Separate Garden areas for baby, Toddlers, 2-3’s and Pre-School children.
- Computers in our Pre-school rooms and 2-3's room.
- A silver service award in catering
- Enhancements for all ages. Such as Wake & Shake, Talk time baskets for under2’s, Babble to chatter.
- Black and White area in our baby room.
- Reflection area in our toddler room.