Busy Bees at Hartham Park
Pinder Lodge, Hartham Park, Port Hill, Hertfordshire, SG14 1QS
Call Joanne on 01992 503 610
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3months - 5years
Welcome to our nursery...
Our Beautiful nursery is a converted house, with six rooms over two levels. These rooms are divided into different age groups, providing a warm, homely environment for up to 44 children aged from birth to 5 years old. We are just a short walk away from the town centre and both train stations.
We have been recently had our OFSTED inspection are pleased to say we are OUTSTANDING in all areas. We are regularly audited throughout the year to ensure we achieve consistently high standards in a wide array of areas including, care and education, hygiene and health and safety.
Our staff are a long standing, friendly, caring and very approachable they are committed to providing the very best care for each child and their families. All of our staff are Qualified to a level 2 or 3 in child care staff can also train through Busy Bees. Staffs have a robust understanding of safeguarding and are updated through training regularly. All staff are fully trained in Paediatric first aid and senior staff also hold first at work and designated safeguarding certificates. We also have a SEND and Health and Safety rep for our nursery.
Hartham Park provides a range of stimulating activities for all ages, both indoors and outdoors meeting the individual needs of the children. We encourage the children to make their own choices, which helps them promote social knowledge and understanding, and creative development which in turn will encourage their language and communication development. Ofsted have said that “children of all ages thrive and are very happy and confident”
We have our very own nursery Chef Vicky, who cooks all the meals on site and follow a seasonal menu’s created by nutritionists. We currently hold a Silver award with the soil association and 5 stars with Environmental Health. We provide fresh organic meat, fruit and vegetables for the children and have seasonal menus.
We have a strong partnership with parents and have our very own Parent Partnership group where we meet regularly to discuss what’s going on and how they can support our nursey and are involved in events and activities throughout the year. They are available to e mail through the “Meet the Parents section” on our web page
We hold parents evening twice a year where you can meet with your child’s key person and discuss their development and to meet other parents. Our parent’s evenings have become quite famous over the years as we provide a hot meal for parents such as chilli, lasagne or curry. This makes the evening more of a social event.
Come and see us for yourself and see how happy you and your child will be at our nursery.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted 2016 - Click Here to view our report
- A dedicated and caring staff team, all qualified Level 3 and training towards level 3, all paediatric first aid trained
- Our beautiful nursery provides a home from home environment, safe and secure for your children to develop and thrive within our setting. Well planned and learning environments to tailor your children’s needs to reach their full potential within our care.
- Wake and Shake
- Grow your own for the budding gardeners to plant and care for the flowers and vegetables in the garden
- Babble to chatter- a wonderful enhancements to encourage the children’s development with practical activities
- Shake and Write- preparing children with early writing skills through dance and mark making
- Nurturing Problem Solving to Mathematics- an innovative enhancement to nursery life which ensures high quality mathematical teaching for children
- Block Play – to encourage problem solving
- Pre school academy in place – please see time table attached
- Visits from Lauren the Hairdresser every 6 weeks
- Extra activities such as multi sports, football, Stretch and Grow and French (extra cost)
- Fresh, nutritious meals prepared on site by our Qualified Chef
- Silver soil association Award- recognising high quality fresh organic produce used within our nursery kitchen
- Vegetarian Society Approved
- Provide Formula milk for children under 1’s
- Large outdoor areas for the children to explore the construction site, mud kitchen and outdoor classroom and a small area to fed the ducks.
- Smaller garden for the under 2’s with large sand pit, tents and tunnels and nomo surface
What our customers say…
â€œI am very impressed by the Hertford facility from the very first phone call I made to the service Jo and the team provide. The staff are very professional, friendly, helpful and enthusiastic.
My Sons have had so much fun and have created so many memories at Busy Bees Hartham Park
- Kath Richardson
The Pre-school is full of fun and exciting activities my little girl really enjoys â€œShake and Writeâ€
Our Daughter loves all the new activities in the Pre school room and all the new friends that she has made
We couldn't be happier with the service and quality of care our daughter receives at Hartham. She has made fantastic progress in many aspects with constant support and encouragement from the staff.