Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at the Hoover Building opened in January 1993 and consists of three houses which have been converted. The nursery was refurbished in January 2012. We are a five minute walk from Perivale tube station (Central Line) If you drive there is an allocated area in the Tesco car park which you can use when dropping your child off at nursery.
We have a strong established staff team who are dedicated to providing high quality childcare in our nursery. Both managers have been at the nursery for over twenty years. We have a chef and assistant chef who prepare nutritious, fresh and tasty meals for our children also taking into consideration children with allergy or cultural requirements. Our staff team attend regular training courses to keep themselves up to date with courses for example first aid training.
Our last Ofsted inspection was in June 2015. We achieved a GOOD outcome. Some of the findings were, Staff establish effective partnerships with parents They have parent representatives to ensure that parents’ views are valued and considered when reflecting on how the nursery is run. Children benefit from a large, well resourced outdoor area that provides them many learning experiences. They are also able to develop their larger physical movements through plenty of regular exercise. (Taken from the Ofsted report)
We provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for our children. It consists of four group rooms including a baby and toddler unit and pre-school room. We have some fantastic initiatives which include Wake and Shake, Grow your own, Busy Babies and Cooking with me! Our extensive outdoor area is divided into three sections and include soft safety surface and grass. We have a physically challenging area which has a maze, slides and tyre park. Our children are keen gardeners and enjoy growing vegetables and then eating them at mealtimes.
We have a great Parent Partnership group who support the nursery. We have meetings and work in partnership with our parents to listen to their views and ideas. We also have a parent induction booklet which we work through with new parents guiding new parents through their first few months at nursery.
If you would like to obtain more information about our facility, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you and inviting you to come and see our nursery!
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted 2015 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Cooking with Me for all the little chefs in the family
- Busy Babies initiative to stimulate your baby's senses
- Shake and Write - Provides fun opportunities for Early Writing Skills
- Nappies and wipes are included in the fees.
- Babble to Chatter – A learning enhancement to improve language development opportunities
- Secure Key Fob entry system
- Five Star Environmental Health Food Hygiene Rating certificate
- Large outdoor facilities with soft safety surface
- Gardening area for children to grow own plants and vegetables
- Early years entitlement for over 3 years - reducing cost of your childcare
- Well established nursery in the community
- Fantastic pre-school opportunities