Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at Preston Hospital was opened in April 2004 and is a purpose built building on the grounds of the Royal Preston Hospital situated next to the Rosemere Cancer Unit, for hospital staff only. Preston NHS provide all nappies, wipes, food and snack at no additional costs. The nursery is accessed by a secure key fob system. Preston NHS is near the local library, duck pond and park which the children and staff regularly visit. Busy Bees has 4 different base rooms where we offer a balance of care and education.
The children have many learning opportunities throughout all the age groups, in which experienced and qualified staff cater for all children’s individual needs and interests for personalised learning. The rooms are bright and stimulating with a wide range of resources available both inside and out. It has a large outdoor area that provides Children with many opportunities for learning and physical play. The staff here at Preston are very passionate and dedicated and will always go that extra mile, this was highlighted when we as a team won the Outstanding achievement award at our yearly Managers’ conference. We have also recently been awarded Centre of excellence which aims to encourage Childcare Professionals to continue to develop and provide a good all round environment for the children at Busy Bees. The initiative promotes a proactive approach to best practice by giving Nursery Staff at Busy Bees across the UK the opportunity to visit Our Centre of excellence setting. Along with this we also have many more initiatives such as Busy Babies, Wake and Shake, Steps to Independence, Block Play and Imagination Station.
Onsite we have over 90% of staff NVQ Level 3 qualified or above.
We also have a parent partnership group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and allows for on-going improvements and developments within the nursery. The meetings take place periodically and this allows members of the group to put forward their own and also parent’s views and suggestions.
The nursery Chef, is committed to providing nutritious and healthy meals for the children, using fresh ingredients which are locally sourced. The nursery has achieved the highest possible rating for Food Hygiene being awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Lancashire County Council. The nursery menus offer a varied range of foods and any dietary requirements can be catered for by our catering team.
The knowledge and expertise of the staff team at Preston NHS is complimented by assistance from the National Support Centre with dedicated departments such as Health and Safety, Catering, HR, Estates and an EYFS Childcare team.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted report 2014 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with Me for all those little chef's in the family
- Recently improved outdoor area to encourage the children to play and explore
- Drama lessons
- Ballet lessons
- Visits to the Local Park
- Visits to the onsite Duck pond
- High percentage of qualified staff
- Long serving, loyal and friendly staff team
- Quality childcare right on your doorstep
- Fun, exciting activities for all ages to enjoy
- A great place for your child to play, learn and make new friends
- Lancashire Healthy Schools Award
- Step into Quality Award
- Talk Time Baskets – Tactile baskets for babies to explore with adults to develop language
- Shake and Write – Used to develop children’s physical skills for early handwriting
- Football lessons