Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees nursery in Quedgeley is a purpose built nursery in the Quedgeley area of Gloucester on the Green Farm Estate. The nursery is easily accessible from Gloucester city centre as well as the M4 Motorway, number 14, 12 and 91 bus routes.
The team at Quedgeley are extremely passionate about what they do; many of them have been at the nursery for many years. Our staff are all level 3 or working towards their qualifications in Early Years. We encourage all our staff to attend further training to develop their skills: We have a dedicated training team at our head office that provides a varied training package for all Busy Bees Staff.
We pride our selves in providing quality childcare in and environment that is both fun and exciting. We ensure that the children in our care make the most of every opportunity to Achieve, Believe, Care and Develop through exciting activities and play opportunities. The children take part in a range of Busy Bees initiatives which include Wake and shake, Busy Babies, Steps to Independence, Science initiative, Cooking with Me and Grow your Own.
Our outdoor environment is fantastic! We are very lucky to have a purpose built wooden adventure play area, separate gardens for each age group as well as a sensory garden. We offer the children the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow and mirroring the six areas of learning in both environments.
Laura or Head Chef and Sarah her assistant provide healthy and nutritious meals for the children and help them to understand the journey from farm to fork through their Cooking with Me and Grow your Own activities. All food is cooked fresh daily and is locally sourced. The nursery menus are varied and we can cater for most dietary requirements.
We recognise that a child’s first impression of the world begins at home and therefore it is vital that the nursery and parents work together. Our parents are encouraged to share their ideas with us to help shape the service we offer to children. We provide a Parent Partnership group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents listening to their views and making necessary changes and improvements.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted February 2014 - Click here to see our report
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Steps to Independence to build your child's confidence and independence
- Science initiative
- Purpose built adventure garden with slides and large sand pits made out of natural materials, with an additional sensory garden area to challenge and interest the children
- Keyworker system with dedicated staff
- secure access systems
- Home cooked meals for all children including weaning stages with a 5* EHO rating for five continuous years
- Tatty Bumpkins - a teacher led group that incorporates yoga, story-telling, active play and music. All the stories are aligned to the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to encourage learning