Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees Day nursery at Blythe Valley is a purpose built nursery nestled in the heart of 257 acres of beautiful parkland which is Blythe Valley.
We have a well established team at Solihull with some of the team having been here since we opened in 2001. On site we have 90% of our staff team who are qualified to NVQ level 3 or above, and we offer training for new staff to work towards level 2 and 3 through our apprentice programme.
Existing staff are able to access both Busy Bees and the local early years training which enables them to keep updating their knowledge and skills on current childcare issues and changes to policy.
Within the nursery the children are able to enjoy a variety of activities that builds around their interests, both indoor and outdoor with a large garden with wildlife, bird boxes and planting areas for the children to grow their own vegetables, herbs and fruit.
The children take part in Busy Bees enhancements including Babble to Chatter and Nurturing Problem Solving in Mathematics in all rooms and Wake and Shake for the over 2’s. The newly refurbished Foundation Class offers a stimulating classroom environment with state of the art ICT equipment and endless opportunities to explore. The older children are also able to extend their learning at home with a pre-reading scheme and home learning books.
Jo our chef and Michael the assistant provide healthy and nutritious meals for all the children, they cater for different dietary needs and the nursery has a 5 star rating from the local authority for excellent standards of food hygiene practices and procedures. Jo has also her Early Years Nutrition qualification from City & Guilds, and the nursery holds the Centre of Excellence award for catering within the Busy Bees Company.
The nursery has direct access to the major motorways to Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull, and just 2 minutes to the M40 to London. There is also a direct bus service from the park to Birmingham International. A key area of Blythe Valley is the countryside park which contains a rich mosaic of habitats around a nature trail, with reed beds to attract dragonflies and water birds to wildflower areas. We have bird and bat boxes attached to the trees around the nursery garden.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted April 2017 - Click here to see our report;
- A newly refurbished nursery, with large, fully equipped rooms to enable the children to explore and experience different learning areas, including a brand new Foundation Class for pre-school age children;
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone;
- Shake and Write is a unique learning enhancement for children in our preschool room, to help support the physical skills needed for handwriting;
- Busy Bees Centre of Excellence for Catering Standards;
- Large garden with wildlife and growing areas for the children;
- Garden Detectives which is a fun and exciting way to encourage children to explore the great outdoors and develop their understanding of the world around them;
- Home cooked meals for all children including weaning stages, with a 5* rating from the local authority - with a large communal eating area where the children can sit and enjoy meals with their friends;
- Secure access system throughout for your peace of mind;
- Each room has its own Base Room Manager who plans and co-ordinates the children’s activities throughout the day;
- Well established long serving staff team, who are committed to the nursery;
- Interactive whiteboards and children’s tablets to enable the older children to be involved in ICT;
- Safe and secure surroundings in a conservation area; and
- Close to major motorway junction with easy access to Birmingham, Solihull and Coventry.