Busy Bees in Solihull
Blythe Gate, Blythe Valley Business Park, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 8AF
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Michaela on 0121 745 7862
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3 Months - 5 Years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees Day Nursery at Solihull Blythe is a purpose built nursery nestled in the heart of 257 acres of beautiful parkland which is Blythe Valley. The nursery comprises of five base rooms - an Infant Suite and larger Baby Unit, two Toddler rooms and Foundation Class for pre-school children. A key area of Blythe Valley is the countryside park which contains a rich mosaic of habitats around a nature trail, providing the nursery with natural shade and shelter all year round.
The nursery is in a prime location; with direct access to major motorways links to Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull, as well as being just 2 minutes to the M40 junction to London. There is a direct bus service from the park to Birmingham International Station and Solihull Town Centre.
We have a well established team here at nursery, with some long running staff having worked here since we opened in 2001. On site, over 90% of our staff team are qualified to NVQ level 3 or above, and we offer staff the opportunity to start an apprenticeship or achieve higher qualifications through the Busy Bees Training Academy.
The children take part in a variety of different learning opportunities and activities, all tailor made to meet their individual interests. Staff have access to the exclusive Unleashing Potential (UP) app which they use to enhance the learning opportunities they provide for the children; and within UP are the exciting 'Up and Active with Buzz' and 'Safety with Buzz' programmes. The Foundation Class offers a stimulating classroom environment with state of the art ICT equipment and endless opportunities to explore. The older children are also able to extend their learning at home with a pre-reading scheme and home learning books.
Jo and Charlotte, our chef and assistant chef, provide healthy and nutritious meals for all the children, catering for different dietary and cultural requirements. The nursery has a 5 star rating from the local authority for excellent standards of food hygiene practices and procedures. Jo also has her Early Years Nutrition qualification from City & Guilds, and the nursery holds the Centre of Excellence award for catering within Busy Bees.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted April 2017 - Click here to see our report.
- A fully refurbished nursery, with five large and fully equipped rooms which enable the children to explore and experience different learning areas, including a unique Foundation Class for pre-school age children.
- Unleashing Potential (UP) app, exclusively available for only Busy Bees parents and staff
- Busy Bees Centre of Excellence Award
- Three garden areas, including a large garden at the back of the nursery, so that children of all ages can access outdoor space
- 5 star rated cooked meals, freshly prepared on site daily by our chef Jo
- Secure access system throughout nursery offering a safe environment for the staff and children
- Experienced room based and supernumerary senior team who support with the leadership and management of the nursery
- Well established, long serving staff team, who are committed to the nursery
- Interactive whiteboards and children’s tablets to enable the older children to be involved in ICT
- Safe and secure surroundings in a conservation area
- Major motorway links with easy access to Birmingham, Solihull and Coventry.
What our customers say…
Our son enjoys his time at nursery with all of the staff and his friends in his room. The support from the staff is always brilliant and they get to know your child as well as you do.
- Jonathan C
Lovely nursery and fun environment for the children. Focus on learning and developing skills while tailored for the individual child. Key worker very caring and has a real bond with my daughter.
The nursery is happy and friendly - I can't recommend it highly enough.
- Natalie R
We moved our son from another nursery and its the best decision we made. He has been so happy and settled since he came here and developed lovely relationships with staff and other children.
- Natalie R