Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees Day nursery at Blythe Valley is a purpose built nursery nestled in the heart of 257 acres of beautiful parkland which is Blythe Valley.
We have a well established team at Solihull with some of the team having been here since we opened in 2001. On site we have 90% of our staff team who are qualified to NVQ level 3 or above, and we offer training for new staff to work towards level 2 and 3 through our apprentice programme.
Existing staff are able to access both Busy Bees and the local early years training which enables them to keep updating their knowledge and skills on current childcare issues and changes to policy.
Within the nursery the children are able to enjoy a variety of activities that builds around their interests, both indoor and outdoor with a large garden with wildlife, bird boxes and planting areas for the children to grow their own vegetables, herbs and fruit.
The children take part in Busy Bees initiatives including Busy Babies for the younger ones, Wake and Shake for over 2s and block play for all age groups. Pre-school have Poddley, which is a construction set for the children to use outdoors for child initiated play. The children also have an interactive smart board to teach and improve their ICT skills.
Jo our chef and Michael the assistant provide healthy and nutritious meals for all the children, they cater for different dietary needs and the nursery has a 5 star rating from the local authority for excellent standards of food hygiene practices and procedures. Jo has also her Early Years Nutrition qualification from City & Guilds, and the nursery holds the Centre of Excellence award for catering within the Busy Bees Company.
The nursery has direct access to the major motorways to Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull, and just 2 minutes to the M40 to London. There is also a direct bus service from the park to Birmingham International. A key area of Blythe Valley is the countryside park which contains a rich mosaic of habitats around a nature trail, with reed beds to attract dragonflies and water birds to wildflower areas. We have bird and bat boxes attached to the trees around the nursery garden.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted November 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Shake and Write is a unique learning enhancement for children in our preschool room, to help support the physical skills needed for handwriting.
- Busy Bees Centre of Excellence for Catering Standards
- Large garden with wildlife and growing areas for the children
- Garden Detectives is a fun and exciting way that encourages children to explore the great outdoors and develop their understanding of the world around them. This enhancement is offered within our pre-school room
- Home cooked meals for all children including weaning stages, with a 5* rating from the local authority - with a large communal eating area where the children can sit and enjoy meals with their friends
- Secure access system throughout for your peace of mind
- A newly refurbished nursery, with large, fully equipped rooms to enable the children to explore and experience different learning areas
- Each room has its own Base Room Manager who plans and co-ordinates the children’s activities throughout the day.
- Well established long serving staff team, who are committed to the nursery
- Interactive whiteboards to enable the children to be involved in IT
- Safe secure surroundings in a conservation area
- Close to major motorway junction with easy access to Birmingham, Solihull and Coventry
- Children in all rooms have their own ‘Chatter Books’ which provide each child with an individual space within nursery and is an ideal approach to sharing links with home. Within the book children can choose to put their favourite story, a photo of their family, a comforter etc. The unique contents of each book is nurtured and celebrated.
- Our baby room features lots of pictures of the babies and their friends to help encourage familiarity with themselves.