Busy Bees at Southwell
17 Allenby Road, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0NL
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Amy on 01636 816606
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
2 weeks - 8 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Our nursery is located in the idyllic rural village of Southwell, it is a purpose built building on one level. We have a car park to make drop offs and pick-ups hassle free for parents. As well as this we have a beautiful large garden which means children can make the most the outdoors as well as the indoors. Our extended opening hours – 7.30am - 6.00pm are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility.
Our nursery has a very dedicated team of staff, who have years of experience and hold relevant qualifications including NVQ level 3, BTEC Level 3 and BA (Hons) degree. We have gained an ‘OUTSTANDING’ from our most recent Ofsted report, which we are all very proud of. All staff form excellence relationships with their key children and their parents/families and are dedicated to the care of the children.
We believe in building strong partnerships with parents as we know that doing this helps children to reach their full potential. We have regular parents evenings and hold an Open Door Policy which means parents are welcome to come talk to us at any time with any concerns or queries they may have, however big or small. As well as this we have formed a Parents Partnership Group, the parents who are part of this group help us to continue to build upon our setting and also provide support and advice to other parents new and existing.
We have a nursery chef who provides us with a variety of seasonal menus that are freshly prepared every day using fresh local produce, offering a nutritional well balanced diet. The chef has recently received the maximum of 5 stars from the Foods Standards Agency. Our chef has recently started baking with the children, the children really enjoy this and they get to take the cakes home for the family to enjoy.
The nursery has recently formed a relationship with the local library and the babies have been taking part in the weekly Rattle, Roll and Rhyme session. As well as this we have our very own French teacher who comes every Monday afternoon to teach the Pre-School children. Both Toddlers and Pre-School take part in the daily ‘Wake and Shake’ session which is a lively and fun dance designed to re-energise children so they are ready to learn and explore. We also have a mini library set up in the reception area, this allows children to take books home to read and share with the family.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Outstanding Ofsted 2015 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- 5 stars awarded from EHO
- We are a purpose built nursery with 2 large open plan rooms and a cosy baby pod , with an amazing natural garden for the children to explore and investigate and experiment to enhance their holistic learning at their own pace with support and enthusiasm from a well established long standing staff
- Our extended opening hours – 7.30am - 6.00pm are designed to give parents the greatest flexibility
- A private car park – making dropping off and picking up your children stress free
- Nutritious meals – We have a variety of seasonal menus that are freshly prepared every day using fresh local produce, offering a nutritional well balanced diet
- Our 48 place nursery has a truly family feel to it. Children, staff and families get to build good healthy relationships with each other. This helps to promote a sense of belonging, confidence and friendships to move on to the next setting. We work closely with all the local schools to make transitional periods as positive as possible
- Caring qualified staff – who all have childcare qualifications and are CRB checked. We strive to ensure each individual child is happy and well cared for
What our customers say…
I love Busy Bees nursery because George loves the nursery. He loves the garden expecially riding the bikes around the roundabout. He loves the sandpit and he loves getting muddy.
- Caroline Haddelsey
Just learning provides us with peace of mind. The staff show a real genuine interest in the children they care for. We can leave our daughter knowing she is happy and safe.
- Lois Mum
Annabelle absolutely loves coming to nursery. So much so it's a nightmare to get her to leave!! Annabelle is learning new things constantly and the girls really encourage this.
Rose loves her new nursery and has settled in well. She talks about her friends and picking 'robberies' on the hill with Charlie. She wants to go every day, even at weekends.
I feel that Busy Bees has been amazing at settling Beau into the setting. They have taken their time to get to know Beau and the feedback they give me is honest about her day.
- Beau's Mum