Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees day nursery at Stevenage is a purpose built, single storey building ideally situated near to the train station A1M, the town centre and the bus station is within 15 minutes’ walk. The nursery has its own car park to allow ease of parking when dropping off and collecting your child.
The nursery is large and spacious, and each area has access to our secure age appropriate outside area. We have four age groups within the nursery. Our babies area is for the children aged between 3 months and 14 months. Our First Steps for the children aged between 14 months and 2 years. Our Toddlers are 2 years to 3 years and our Preschool for the children who are 3 years to 5 years. Each age group is designed to meet the needs of the children to incorporate age appropriate equipment and toys. The staff team offer a range of indoor and outdoor activities to encourage and promote the developmental stages and interests of each individual child. We promote equal opportunities within nursery, we encourage the children to make choices, plan and evaluate their activities to enable them to promote physical, social, creative, language, skills and mathematical awareness. We love to see a child grow and their interest change just simply by allowing children to make choice and follow their own passions. The children take part in a wide range of Busy Bees initiatives which include Wake & Shake, Busy Babies, and Imagination Station. The children have the choice to play indoors or outdoors by promoting free flow throughout the nursery.
We have a strong established staff team here at Stevenage who are passionate about caring for children and offering them the best opportunities to further their development. We have a highly qualified team and we encourage all of our staff to attend further training to develop their skills. We have a very dedicated training team that provide a varied training package for all staff.
Tracey and Susan the nursery Chef’s provide healthy and nutritious meals for the children. All food is cooked fresh daily. The nursery menus are varied and we are able to cater for religious and medical dietary requirements. Tracey and Sue regularly talk to the children about the meals that they are eating and the importance of a healthy diet. The children here have a good relationship with them both. We are very proud to have received the Bronze award with the Soil Association and also 5 stars on our Environmental Health Inspection
As a team we care about the environment and recycle, we have recycling bins throughout the nursery and encourage the children to recycle paper. We also have the opportunity for parents to recycle their empty wet wipe packets
We have built up good relationships with the local Children Centre and other local agencies including Health Visitors and the Early Years team at Hertfordshire County Council. To help us make necessary changes and improvements we provide a Parent Partnership Group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and listen to their views.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Grow your own for all those budding gardeners
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Our Imagination Station for all those little explorers
- French lessons
- Large, fully equipped play areas designed specifically for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
- Secure access systems for your peace of mind
- Bespoke transition to school
- Each room has their own Base Room Manager who plans and co-ordinates the children’s activities throughout the day
- Safe and secure large outdoor play area for different age groups
- Nappies and wipes inclusive
- Fresh nutritious meals prepared on site every day
- Five star food Hygiene rating received in 2015