Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees Sunderland Doxford is situated on the Doxford Business Park, just off the A19 on the Sunderland/ Durham roundabout. We have good road connections for the A19 both north and south bound, A690 and Sunderland Town Centre.
When you reach Oak Tree Farm Pub turn right, and then follow the road past the David Lloyd Health Club. Once you have reached the roundabout turn left heading up to the bus/ taxi link only, you will pass GS- Hydro building and the Nursery is the next building on the right hand side.
Our Nursery at Sunderland Doxford is a purpose built single story building which opened in 2006, we have our own private carpark with CCTV and double door entry system.
We are open Monday – Friday 52 weeks of the year, offering quality childcare from 7.30am until 6pm on a full or part time sessional basis, for children from 6 weeks up to 5 years old in our 5 spacious and dedicated rooms for the children’s ages, where their have access to a ‘Free Flow’ garden area which allows the children to play between the indoor and outside environment.
Our dedicated staff team, supports the children to explore and investigate, helping them to enhance and develop the skills and knowledge in all areas of the 'Early Years Foundation Stage' Statutory framework (EYFS), which the staff follow to plan activities around the individual children’s needs, building up their confidence and self esteem.
In the Twinkle Room we nurture babies from 6 weeks to 1 year old, then once the children become mobile in crawling they will progress up into the Sunshine Room which cares for children from 1 year to approx. 18 months old.
When the children become more confident in walking, the Snowflake Room is the next progressing for the children and has more table top activities for them to experience and explore.
Once your child turns 2 years old, they will move up to the Rainbow Room which cares for children up to 3 years old and then finally before the children are ready to fly the nest and develop further at school, we have our Planet Room ‘Pre- School’. In here the staff support and get them prepared for school and develop their independence further.
During the day, your child will be participating in a variety of unique Enhancements to support their care and learning.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- We have recently received a GOOD Ofsted inspection on 26th January 2017. To view our reports please click here.
- We are a purpose built single storey Nursery, with 5 dedicated age rooms and landscaped garden areas, which them plenty of opportunities to explore their natural environment.
- We have a dedicated staff team with a vast amount of experience and long service click here.
- We have our qualified Chef Sue, who prepares fresh meals and snacks each day at no extra cost. She follows a seasonal menu, which has achieved a silver catering award from the Soil Association Food for Life and works on a 3 weekly cycle. Sue works closely with parents if any children have any allergies/ dietary preferences.
- For our younger babies, we have a dedicated weaning menu to support your child during each stage.
- All fees include home cooked meals, nappies and wipes.