Busy Bees at Thorley Park
16 The Thorley Centre, Thorley Park, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 4EG
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Stacy on 01279 654 830
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3months - 5years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Bishops Stortford Thorley park provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2015). Busy Bees at Thorley Park is a purpose built, two storey building situated on the Sainsbury’s site in the middle of Thorley. The nursery is easily accessible by road and has a large car park available. It is about a 20 minute walk from the station in Bishop’s Stortford, 5 minutes by car.
The nursery has a “home from home” atmosphere holding 55 children in 4 rooms. All of the children have daily access to one of our garden areas. The pre-school children have been enjoying the Grow Your Own initiative planting and harvesting their own vegetables, before the best bit, eating them!!
Our staff are longstanding, friendly and very approachable and are committed to providing the very best level of care to each individual child and their families. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and this ensures we meet and support each child’s individual needs and developmental stages. Our team regularly attend a range of courses and access the training programmes operated by Busy Bees and our Local Authority. We have some members of staff who are engaged in NVQ and Foundation Degree courses to further their knowledge and development within their careers at Busy Bees.
We are proud of our staff team qualifications; the majority of our staff have their Level 3 Qualification with others working towards this qualification, our staff are also studying towards their higher level qualifications as well as Level 4 and Level 3 in leadership and management.
Our chefs prepare delicious food from our nutritionally balanced, healthy menu each day. The menu is based on a 4 week rolling programme and is designed to make the best of seasonal fruit and vegetables. We also have a robust system for catering for children with allergies, intolerances and cultural preferences. There is a vegetarian option with each meal.
The nursery has a parent partnership group which consists of 6 parents who meet periodically with the Manager and Assistant Manager to discuss how they would like to see the nursery move forward. New parents are always welcome to join us.
Busy Bees, Thorley Park’s staff team are committed to making every day an exceptional day for your child, with the highest standards locally. We would love to welcome you to our nursery, why not come for a visit? We look forward to seeing you soon.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- GOOD Ofsted 2017 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Our Imagination Station for all those little explorers
- Supernastics and science lessons extra in pre-school
- Babble to chatter to support all children to develop effective language skills
- Friendly and long standing staff team
- Our beautiful nursery provides a home from home environment, safe and secure for your children to develop and thrive within our setting. Well planned and learning environments to tailor your children’s needs to reach their full potential within our care.
- Wholesome healthy food, freshly cooked each day in a kitchen with EHO 5 star rating
- Four group rooms where a balance of care and education is provided for small groups of children
- A safe and secure garden area featuring a variety of exciting outdoor equipment including a climbing frame and play house
- The nursery is easily accessible by road and has a large car park available, and is also convenient for the train station.
What our customers say…
Thank you for all the dedication and care shown to William, we have watched him grow in confidence and be completely settled and happy
- Kay and Simon Turner
The food is delicious! Sheena's food is fab
- Lisa Nash
Thank you so much for making Phoebeâ€™s time at Busy Bees SO special. Without all your kind support we really would have struggled with her dietary requirements. You make this nursery truly outstanding
- Lisa and Peter Nash
Busy Bees at Thorley is excellent. We couldn't wish for a better setting for our daughter to grow up in
- Keith Spence
Our daughter receives the best care from the staff, as parents we receive excellent levels of communication, service and a true sense of working together to provide the children with the best.
- Najat Johnson