Busy Bees at Thorley Park
16 The Thorley Centre, Thorley Park, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 4EG
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Stacy on 01279 654 830
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3months - 5years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Bishops Stortford Thorley park provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2015). Busy Bees at Thorley Park is a purpose built, two storey building situated on the Sainsbury’s site in the middle of Thorley. The nursery is easily accessible by road and has a large car park available. It is about a 20 minute walk from the station in Bishop’s Stortford, 5 minutes by car.
The nursery has a “home from home” atmosphere holding 55 children in 4 rooms. All of the children have daily access to one of our garden areas. The pre-school children have been enjoying the Grow Your Own initiative planting and harvesting their own vegetables, before the best bit, eating them!!
We are proud of our staff team qualifications; the majority of our staff have their Level 3 Qualification with others working towards this qualification, our staff are also studying towards their higher level qualifications as well as Level 4 and Level 3 in leadership and management.
Our Head Chef Kim and her Assistant Diane prepare delicious food from our nutritionally balanced, healthy menu each day. The menu is based on a 4 week rolling programme and is designed to make the best of seasonal fruit and vegetables. We also have a robust system for catering for children with allergies, intolerances and cultural preferences. There is a vegetarian option with each meal.
The nursery has a parent partnership group which consists of 6 parents who meet periodically with the Manager and Assistant Manager to discuss how they would like to see the nursery move forward. New parents are always welcome to join us.
Busy Bees, Thorley Park’s staff team are committed to making every day an exceptional day for your child, with the highest standards locally. We would love to welcome you to our nursery, why not come for a visit? We look forward to seeing you soon.
Stay and Play taster sessions available, telephone for availability and details.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- GOOD Ofsted 2017 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Grow Your Own for all those budding gardeners
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Our Imagination Station for all those little explorers
- Supernastics and science lessons extra in pre-school
- Babble to chatter to support all children to develop effective language skills
- Friendly and long standing staff team
- Our beautiful nursery provides a home from home environment, safe and secure for your children to develop and thrive within our setting. Well planned and learning environments to tailor your children’s needs to reach their full potential within our care.
- Wholesome healthy food, freshly cooked each day in a kitchen with EHO 5 star rating
- Four group rooms where a balance of care and education is provided for small groups of children
- A safe and secure garden area featuring a variety of exciting outdoor equipment including a climbing frame and play house
- The nursery is easily accessible by road and has a large car park available, and is also convenient for the train station.
What our customers say…
Our daughter receives the best care from the staff, as parents we receive excellent levels of communication, service and a true sense of working together to provide the children with the best.
- Najat Johnson
James enjoys the "home from home" affection and cuddles from all of the staff, who are truly dedicated and committed
- Karen Schilder
Busy Bees at Thorley is excellent. We couldn't wish for a better setting for our daughter to grow up in
- Keith Spence
You became our family while our real one is far away
- Sylvie Sestak
Throughout that time we've felt nothing but confidence in your care, generosity and professionalism. You've all been so welcoming and friendly
- Kay and Simon Turner