Busy Bees at Wigan, Scholes
Windmill Close, Scholes, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN1 3QS
Call Jennifer on 01942 239939
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees at Scholes Wigan is a purpose built two storey building located in Scholes, Wigan.
The nursery has five individual rooms designed and dedicated to each age group. Each room provides suitable and various opportunities for play and exploration relating to each age group taking into account the EYFS and each child’s individual needs and abilities. Our rooms are inviting, comfortable and an ideal place for your child to learn and play. The nursery has two outdoor play areas with soft astro-turf and a wide range of outdoor toys and equipment. Our upstairs outdoor play area also incorporates a garden area where the children can play, plant and learn about nature and the outdoors.
Our team are all dedicated and passionate about child care. They are all CRB checked and qualified to take on their job role. Our staff take part in extra training courses throughout the year to further their knowledge and experience equipping them to be the best that they can be.
Our nursery uses a specialist key person system that links your child with their own individual key worker. This system ensures that your child has someone who will closely monitor their progress, well-being and safety when within the nursery. The key person will be someone who your child can form a trusting bond with and feel secure with. The key person will make sure that their children are meeting their age related targets and goals in line with standards and the EYFS.
All food is made on site daily by our fully qualified kitchen team. Our food is fresh and locally sourced. Our menus are devised with a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition in mind. They are varied to enable the children to enjoy an exciting range of different foods.
We also hold special visits and events around the year involving external practitioners to help your child learn about things in a way that’s a little bit more special and exciting for example:
- Health practitioners to teach about health and well-being
- Fire, Police services
- Zoos and Animals
We work hard to make our nursery fun, inviting and comfortable and are more than welcome for you to come and take a look around!
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Rooms which are carefully designed, cheerfully decorated and thoughtfully furnished to provide specialist care for each age group
- Modern, age-appropriate toys, sensory play areas, stimulating learning aids and equipment
- Gardens with lots of outdoor play equipment - providing exciting opportunities for all age groups to explore
- Active parental involvement - we always welcome visits and regular contact with you and your family
- Carefully selected staff who are thoroughly checked before appointment
- Detailed induction programmes and regular training for all staff
- A 'Key Person' who will help you keep in touch with all the activities of the nursery day and also ensure that they can provide your child with extra comfort & security and reassurance if necessary
- Safe and secure buildings which have CCTV cameras and closely monitored access
- Regular feedback including annual parental surveys which are valued and encouraged
What our customers say…
Our child has really enjoyed her experience at NuNu, especially this last year. Great staff!
We feel that through the hard work and encouragement of the staff, she has come on in leaps and bounds since starting last September
She has enjoyed her time at NuNu and will miss everyone a lot. As her Mum I am very happy with the level of care my little one has received in the months she has been here. Thank you
I would like to thank you and all your staff for the care and attention that they have received over the last 6 months
She has had a great time there and the teachers this year have been superb with her