Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees at James Paget provides OUTSTANDING childcare as reported by Ofsted in April 2013. The nursery is a spacious, purpose built building situated on the hospital grounds close to local amenities.
The nursery has 5 rooms in total, each of which provides a homely atmosphere for the children. Each room has access to a large garden area where the children have opportunities to explore the outside environment. The areas within the nursery are bright and colourful offering a wide range of equipment both indoors and out.
The children are provided with many learning opportunities throughout all age groups, where experienced and qualified staff cater for all children’s individual needs. We have a key person system in place enabling children to form special bonds with their key person allowing them to follow the child’s interests and plan for the child’s personal learning.
At the beginning of 2012 the nursery had a complete refurbishment. Photos can be seen of the work taking place in our news archive.
Lesley our chef provides delicious home cooked meals which are nutritionally balanced and healthy. We have a four week rolling menu which takes advantage of fresh, seasonal produce and allows our children to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures, flavours and colours within their meals. We are also fully equipped to provide food for children with allergies or intolerances as well as cultural or parental preferences.
The staff here at James Paget are dedicated, hard-working, skilled and most of all passionate about their roles within the setting. Most staff take on extra responsibilities such as training mentor and marketing co-ordinator. All staff are trained to a level 3 and several staff are qualified to a higher level.
The nursery has a well-established ‘Parent Partnership Group’. Meetings are held regularly and the parents involved are available to answer any questions or queries new or existing parents may have. Their children already attend the nursery and the parents are happy to give support when leaving your child for the first time or even to talk about making the transition from room to room.
Over the past 12 months we have successfully implemented many of the Busy Bees initiatives that are created by our Head Office Childcare team. Each initiative has its own design to aid the children succeed and enjoy many areas of learning and development.
If you would like your child to experience a happy, safe and stimulating environment, please arrange an appointment to come and visit the nursery and see for yourself what a great nursery it really is.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- OUTSTANDING Ofsted 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Block Play initiative - New to 2011
- Steps to Independence - Building your child's confidence and individuality
- Cooking with Me for all those little creative chefs in the family
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- We are part of the 'Every Child a Talker' initiative with the local authority
- Three touch screen computers - Come and see our fantastic IT equipment
- Bright, welcoming play areas for each age group
- Large, secure outdoor garden play area with separate areas for over and under 2's
- Friendly, long serving staff team, of which all staff are fully qualified and over 95% hold a level 3 qualification
- 5 Star EHO certificate
- Parent Liaison Group