Carrots, peeled and finely diced
Onion, peeled and finely diced
Potatoes, peeled and finely diced
Celery, finely diced
Spaghetti snapped into short lengths
Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
1. Prepare the vegetables as specified in the ingredient list.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the vegetables, garlic and potatoes, then cook over a high heat for 5 mins until softened.
3. Stir in the tomato purée, water and tomatoes.
4. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15mins.
5. Tip in the beans and pasta, then cook for a further 10 mins, adding the cabbage for the final 2 min.