Lean beef mince
Button mushroom, quartered
Celery, small diced
Leeks, fine slice
Mild chilli powder
Chopped tinned tomatoes
Garlic bread slices cut in fingers
1. Prepare the vegetables as stated in the ingredient list.
2. Preheat the oven to 160c/15oc Fan/Gas 4.
1. Start by browning off the beef in a deep based pan.
2. Add the onion, carrot, mushrooms, celery, and leeks then cook for 5mins or until soft.
3. Add the tomato paste, chilli, oregano, garlic, and cumin.
4. Stir in well, coating the beef and vegetable and cook out for a minute.
5. Now add the beans and tinned tomatoes and stir well.
6. If the sauce is too thick, you may need to add some.
7. Allow to cook out for 20mins on a low to medium heat, stirring regularly to reduce the risk of the chilli sticking to the pan.
8. Now carefully transfer the mix to an oven proof dish, covered in tin foil, to continue cooking within the oven.
9. Around 20-25mins before serving, remove from the oven and place enough garlic bread, directly on top of the chilli and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
10. Return to the oven and bake until the garlic bread is cooked, and the cheese is golden.