Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees children's nursery at Derby Heatherton is a large, purpose built, single storey nursery close the A50, A38, Derby Hospitals and Derby City Centre with regular bus service opposite the nursery.
We provide a variety of interesting and stimulating activities for children to enjoy including French lessons (for 3 to 5 year olds), Cooking with Me and Wake and Shake to get everyone moving and singing.
Our recently refurbished garden area is a wealth of learning opportunities for the children to explore. Features include a mud kitchen for the children to explore different textures and properties, wet, dry, hard, soft, heavy and light. Sunken sand pits to dig, bury and explore and a story telling area with a larger than average story telling chair to encourage and nurture the children’s love of books. We also have a traverse wall and equipment that encourages the children to go under, over, through and across to aid their physical development.
Our wigwam and bug area are a source of enjoyment for the children to explore and spend time with their friends. We have construction areas for our budding builders and textured pathways to practice co ordination and balance skills on trikes, scooters and sit and ride toys.
Whilst at nursery the children enjoy delicious home cooked food which is nutritionally balanced and healthy. We have a four week rolling menu which takes advantage of fresh, seasonal produce and allows our children to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures, flavours and colours within their meal. We are also fully equipped to provide food for children with allergies or intolerances as well as cultural preferences and we will always provide a vegetarian option to meat dishes.
Our staff hold qualifications ranging from NVQ Level 2 to more recently BA (Hons) Degrees in Early Childhood Studies and the Early Years Practitioner (EYP) status. We are dedicated to providing learning opportunities for staff in a wide variety of areas. We have a long serving and dedicated staff team who understand the importance of creating a warm, welcoming ‘home from home’ for all of the children in our care.
We have good communication and relationships with the parents and families of the children in our care.
We provide daily feedback, progress reports, learning journeys and regular parents’ evenings. We always have an open door policy and welcome feedback from our parents.
We have been awarded the Busy Bees' Quality Award for Safety and have a dedicated Health and Safety Team.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- Good Ofsted 2013 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone allowing interactive learning
- Awarded 5 stars from EHO
- Bright and spacious open plan rooms with free-flow access to our outdoor area’s
- Individual outside play areas for Babies, Toddlers and Pre-school
- Beautiful garden area that features a mud kitchen, sand pit and bug area
- Exciting extra investigation garden
- Initiatives in all the rooms to support children’s learning and development
- Babble to chatter - unique learning enhancement developed by our team of childcare experts
- Chef onsite who prepares healthy and fresh meals
- Large private car park
- Secure access to building
- Baby group every Friday afternoon from 2:30-3:30am (contact nursery for more information about this)