Busy Bees at Glenalmond
14 King Harry Lane, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 4AP
Call Paulina on 01727 854 499
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3 months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees at Glenalmond is a nursery set in a beautiful original building set on the outskirts of St Albans near to the town. We are in easy distance of the M25 and M1 and have our own car park. The nursery has a total of 8 children’s base rooms across three floors and is divided into different age ranges. The bottom floor caters for children aged between 3mths and 2 and a half. The first floor then ranges from 2- 3 and half, followed by our Pre-school 1 and Pre-school 2 for over 3’s.
We have a wide range of incentives for all ages some of which are; Busy Babies, Wake and Shake, Imagination station and and our Mamas and Papas baby room. The Mamas and Papas room and Busy Babies are focused on children under the age of 1, supporting babies with their development but also offering available space and support to outside agencies for both during and after pregnancy.
We have a large garden area and nature trail outside and a soft play and sensory room inside. We also offer additional extra curriculum activities such as Tiny Ballerina, Click IT, Tiny Mites, Mini Mites, Drama Mites and French.
As well as our childcare based team we also have a dedicated support team, consisting of a chef and kitchen assistant who prepares fresh, healthy and tasty meals for all our children. We are dedicated to making transitions as easy as possible so allergies or culturally based preferences will be catered for.
Due to the capacity of the nursery we have a large dedicated staff team, whose main priority is to provide the highest possible level of care to children. We provide a safe, secure, fun and happy environment for children to promote their talents, skills and development.
Our staff team largely consist of qualified level 3’s and we have staff who are currently training towards this and a level 4. All staff have been trained in safeguarding and first aid.
We also have a great Parent partnership group who support the nursery. If you wish to gain further information or book in to have a look at the nursery, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your baby's senses
- Newly refurbished outside play areas
- Close links to both the M25 and M1
- Extra curricular activities including Tiny Mites, Mini Mites, Drama Mites, Tiny Ballerina, Click IT computer skill and FUN French
- Exclusive Pre-School Academy
- Secure Key fob system
- Bright, welcoming play areas for each age group
- Large indoor soft play area and sensory room
- All inclusive price including nappies, meals and refreshments
- 4 large outdoor play areas which are age specific
- The nursery can be flexible to meet parent’s needs within the opening hours, by prior arrangement
- Beautiful location
- Good onsite parking facilities
- Ofsted rated GOOD 2017, click here to view
What our customers say…
The baby room and Pre School rooms are outstanding, so too are the Management team. The nursery have been fantastic with Gracie. The support with her autism has been amazing
- Jacqueline Webb
My 3 year old twins have been attending Glenalmond as normal through lockdown as I'm a nurse. They've been amazing. You've all been so kind, supportive, flexible, accommodating and professional.
- Katherine, Peter, Henry Evelyn Stuart
A stimulating nursery with friendly staff
- Pippa Cooper
Hollie has really enjoyed her time at Glenalmond. The staff have always been very kind and professional when dealing with Hollieâ€™s needs. Canâ€™t say enough good things re Glenalmond
- Claire Turner
We have had our girls at the nursery for 6 years in total now - They have both had a wonderful time and been extremely well looked after