Busy Bees at Nottingham University
University Park, off Beeston Lane, Sports Centre Drive, Nottingham, NG7 2RD
Call Katie on 0115 922 9117
7am - 6pm, Monday to Friday
6 weeks - 8 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees Nottingham University Nursery opened its doors in October 2001 to general public, students and staff of the University to look after and educate children from birth to five.
The nursery is a single storey purpose built nursery situated close to the QMC with easy access onto the A52.
We have 5 spacious rooms which are bright and welcoming. We also have individual gardens suited to the age range of the children; all gardens have soft surfaced flooring and fencing around to enable a safe and secure environment.
We have an open door policy allowing parents to come and go as they please. Prospective parents are more than welcome to drop in as no appointment is necessary.
We have many long serving staff members that have been here for over 5 years and understand the importance of providing a warm, friendly and caring environment for parents and their children to feel settled. This shows what a dedicated team we have, who are dedicated to the childcare profession and strive to ensure each child is happy and well cared for.
Our Staff are supported from an excellent training department within our head office team. Staff hold qualifications ranging from NVQ2 to NVQ 4, 75% of staff are qualified to Level 3 or above.
Being on the Nottingham University Campus sees the nursery with a wide range of cultures allowing us to celebrate festivals throughout the year and ensuring children’s individual beliefs are valued.
The children are provided with a healthy and nutritious balanced diet which is prepared and cooked daily at the nursery by our experienced chef. We have received the highest rating from the Environmental Health of 5 stars during our audit.
We provide daily feedback, progress reports, learning journeys and regular parents’ evenings.
The nursery offers funding for children aged 2 years as well as the nursery education funding for 3 – 5 year olds.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- Good Ofsted 2017 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Open 7am - 6pm
- Purpose Built Nursery – large spacious bright and welcoming rooms to play and rest for each age group
- 2 Secure access systems with key fob entry to ensure a secure environment at all times
- Private car park making dropping off and picking up stress free
- Busy Babies - initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Block Play - for all those budding builders
- Our Imagination Station - for all those little explorers
- Shake and Write – our early literacy programme
- Wake and Shake – singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Babble To Chatter - Nurturing Babble to Chatter and Beyond, a learning enhancement to improve language development opportunities for children in early years settings
- EHO we received 5 stars (food hygiene certificate)
- Nutritious meals – included with no extra cost. Freshly Prepared and served by our qualified Chef who has completed the Busy Bees Nutrition Course accredited by City and Guilds
- Long serving, dedicated and friendly staff team
- 75% of our permanent staff team are qualified to Level 3 in child care or above
- Experienced, trained and qualified staff
- All staff are carefully selected before employment and are thoroughly checked before appointment
- Detailed staff induction programmes and regular training for staff
- Great location on Uni campus
- Touch screen computer in our Pre School One
- Age appropriate toys, sensory experiences, stimulating learning aids and equipment.
- Active parental involvement – we have an open door policy for parents and prospective parents to ensure that you are kept informed and up to date about all aspects of the nursery. Parents evenings are held twice a year to allow the you the opportunity to speak to your child’s key person about their current progress at nursery.
- Every child has a key person who will provide your child will comfort and reassurance and will keep in touch with you about all of the activities of the nursery day.
- Parent Partnership Group - Working in partnership with parents
- We offer a university salary sacrifice scheme
What our customers say…
As first time parents, we were anxious about leaving our son in any daycare facility and visited a few nurseries before we chose busy bees. The nursery came highly recommended
When we had our first look around we were so in love with the rooms, the friendly approachable staff, the ethics and morals, the atmosphere and the menu's!
The staff are obviously dedicated to the children in their care, for which we thank you. In each room we have been impressed with the way staff have created numerous and varied activities
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you & your team for his fabulous care at Busy Bees Nottingham University. Every single one of your team without exception has been caring, helpful and kind.
- Elizabeth Khalil
I am so glad that I chose busy bees Nottingham university branch for my child care. Each member of staff is brilliant.I feel confident that my child is looked after well while I am at work.
- Manisha Malla