Busy Bees at Shenley
22 Andrew Close, Shenley Radlett, WD7 9LP
Call Leanne on 01923 857585
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
3 months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Shenley provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2013)
Busy Bees at Shenley is a purpose built nursery within easy reach of Radlett train station and London Colney. The nursery is also easily accessible from the M25. We are located in an enclosed line of shops with ample parking available.
The nursery has 4 large and spacious rooms and a large communal eating area. The rooms are arranged by age group and each has their own name; Bees for babies under 1 year, Caterpillars for 1-2’s, Ladybirds for 2-3’s, and Butterflies for preschool. Each room also has their own garden space, and our system of free flow play allows the children to explore and investigate outdoors if they choose to. Our preschool room has also begun to develop a forest area as part of their garden, giving the children the opportunity to play and explore in a diverse environment.
We have a wide range of initiatives at nursery that support the children’s learning and development in different areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage, our core learning curriculum. These include our Wake and Shake initiative, which promotes health and physical development in a social and enthusiastic environment; our Busy Babies campaign, which supports babies in their early exploration, and our ‘Grow Your Own’ initiative helps to promote a healthy lifestyle by growing our own fruits and vegetables.
Our catering team work hard to ensure that the children are given healthy homemade meals that are suitable for their individual dietary needs. We cater specially prepared meals for children with allergies and intolerances, as well as children with cultural preferences. Our four week rolling menu provides a variety of tastes and textures for the children to sample, and changes to utilise different seasonal produce for the children to experience.
We have a highly dedicated team of staff who are committed to ensuring the highest quality of care for your child. Our primary goal is to maintain a welcoming and safe environment for children to grow and learn. Most of the team hold a level 3 qualification or are working towards attaining one, and one of our staff holds a degree in Early Childhood Studies. The manager holds a Leadership and Capability degree and staff receive regular training to maintain their standard of practice.
Our caring and enthusiastic team are always available if any parents have any questions or concerns. We also operate a Parent Partnership group, with chosen parent representatives, with whom parents can speak to if they have any suggestions as to how we can further improve our practice.
If you are looking for a friendly and stimulating environment for your child, and you would like to visit, please contact us to arrange an appointment and meet us for yourself.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- GOOD Ofsted 2017 - Click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Nurturing Problem Solving to Mathematics - our latest enhancement that aims to encourage our children to explore and develop mathematics to use in everyday problems
- #wakeandshake# singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your baby's senses
- Grow Your Own initiative for all those budding gardeners
- Extra activities including a Gardening Club and a Cooking Club
- Children have the opportunity to use the Local Toy Library where they can borrow toys monthly for their role play and garden area
- Pre –school academy with a qualified teacher
- A newly refurbished nursery, with large spacious rooms
- Interactive smart boards are available for child development
- A well established staff team
- Unique garden with forest area and separate areas for children to grow their own plants and vegetables
- Visits from a hairdresser every 6 weeks
- We have football lessons and CLICK IT.
What our customers say…
Mummy loves nicholas's nursery because nicholas is very happy and settled he looks forward to going. The staff/manager are generally caring and very flexible. As a full time working mum
- Nicholas christou
Nicholas likes playing with his friends at nursery.Nicholas loves playing in the garden, and doing lots of fun activities. Nicholas loves chelsea, julia, and jenny.
- Gemma christou nichola's mum
The school is a great school because of the teachers. The staff at shenley are so caring, nurturing, supportiveand dedicated to providing a learning environment that benefits all children.
- Mrs yadalee
I love Chelsea's imitative and how she gets everything done without being asked.
- Alice Pollard
Jessie talks positively about her time at nursery. Particularly her friends. I am very impressed by her counting
- Richard Barger