Busy Bees at St Albans City Hospital
St Albans City Hospital, Waverley Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 5PN
Call Claire on 01727 897602
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
6 weeks - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in St Albans City Hospital provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (2016)
Busy Bees at St Albans City Hospital is conveniently located within the hospital grounds and is approximately 15 minutes from the town centre and 30 minutes from St Albans City Station.
The team here at Busy Bees at St Albans City Hospital are a long standing team with the Manager, Assistant Manager and many of the staff team having worked here for seven years or more. The team always aim to provide high quality childcare.
Children are encouraged to make choices, plan and evaluate their play creating opportunities to engage in activities that will promote the social development of language and communication, creativity, individuality, and to develop an interest in books. It is exciting to witness as children get older to see how their interest in science, phonics, stories, music and mathematics develops just simply by allowing children to follow their passion.
Our home from home Hundred Acre Wood baby room caters for children under the age of 1. The room holds a sleep area which gives the babies a bedroom like feel when they are resting but allows the staff constant monitoring access throughout.
Our Enchanted Forest baby room caters for children aged between 1 and 2 years and has a small garden attached to the room this allows the children to free flow from room to garden and encourages their independence from a young age.
Our Wonderland room is the biggest of the nursery. The room is fully equipped with age appropriate equipment that is stored at the children’s height to allow independent access.
Pre –school is a great learning environment that helps to prepare the children for school. We have a large garden attached to the room that allows constant free flow. The children have independent access to all resources including a computer, sand, water.
We demonstrate a commitment to healthy lifestyles through our healthy menus and active lifestyles program’s such as Wake and Shake and Cooking with Me both of which are in house initiatives that the staff have received training on and promote alongside the children. Our Chef who has worked with us for 4 years recently received a number 5 rating in the nursery’s most recent Environmental Health Visit!
Here at St Albans we have a dedicated ‘partnerships with parents’ team which is made up from 3 parents, the manager and assistant manager. The team work well together to ensure the service the nursery provides is the best it can possibly be.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- GOOD Ofsted result May 2016 - Click here to view our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with Me for all those little chefs in the family
- Emotional transition dolls for Personal Social and Emotional development
- Interactive table in Pre-School
- Touch Screen Computer in Pre-School
- Bespoke transition to schools
- Good links to local schools
- Redesigned garden areas
- Extra activities including Drama Llamas,French Class, Super Sport and Dinky Dancers.
- Bright, one level welcoming bright play areas for each age group
- Separate sleep areas for babies
- Located on hospital site with secure access system for your peace of mind
- Experienced, long standing dedicated staff team, committed to training
- Great location, close to town centre and St Albans railway station
- Close to parks, town centres and library for nursery outings
- Monkeynastix and Drama Lamas to our extra curricular activities
- Nursery Team of the Year 2016
- Tier One Centre of Excellence for the 5th consecutive year.
What our customers say…
Thank you for looking after Ella and Oliver, we will always appreciate the kindness and understanding that you gave us as a family.
Thank you and a very sad goodbye, you all made Sunnieâ€™s time at nursery so special and have a special place in her heart as well as mine.
Noah loves coming to nursery and that is down to the hard work, love and dedication from all your staff. You have been Noahâ€™s second family, being their throughout his journey of development
I really like the friendly and helpful nature of all the staff. They all appear to really care about our children
- Linda Crawt
Thank you for being such an amazing team, Tabitha learnt so much from day one up to today. You always gave the extra help, love and care that she needed.