Busy Bees at St Albans City Hospital
St Albans City Hospital, Waverley Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 5PN
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Claire on 01727 897602
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
6 weeks - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees at St Albans City Hospital is conveniently located within the hospital grounds and is approximately 15 minutes from the town centre and 30 minutes from St Albans City Station.
The team here at Busy Bees at St Albans City Hospital are a long standing team with the Manager, Assistant Manager and many of the staff team having worked here for seven years or more. The team always aim to provide high quality childcare.
Children are encouraged to become independent learners through opportunities to explore, experiment and follow their own interests. Our learning through play approach allows children to develop in all 7 areas of learning by offering challenging, exciting activities and resources. We support a holistic school readiness that not only includes phonics, maths, and science, but also listening skills, concentration, self care and emotional resilience which prepares them for their next stage of their learning.
.Our home from home baby room caters for children up to 15 months, providing a warm and nurturing atmosphere that supports a gentle transition from home to nursery.
Our older baby room caters for children aged between 15 months and 2 years and has a small garden attached to the room this allows the children to free flow from room to garden and encourages their independence from a young age.
Our toddler room is the biggest of the nursery. The room is fully equipped with age appropriate equipment that is stored at the children’s height to allow independent access.
Preschool is a great learning environment that helps to prepare the children for school. We have a large garden attached to the room which allows constant free flow. The children have independent access to all resources.
We demonstrate a commitment to healthy lifestyles through our NHS accredited nutritious menus and our active lifestyles programs such as Wake and Shake and Cooking with Me both of which are Busy Bees enhancements that the staff have received training on and carry out regularly with the children. Our Chef who has worked with us for 7 years, recently received a 5* rating in the nursery’s most recent Environmental Health Visit!
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with Me for all those little chefs in the family
- Emotional transition dolls for Personal Social and Emotional development
- Interactive table in Pre-School
- Bespoke transition to schools
- Good links to local schools
- Redesigned garden areas
- Extra activities including Drama Llamas, Fun French , Wild Fangs and Supernastix.
- Calm and inviting base rooms on one level for each age group
- Located on hospital site with secure access system for your peace of mind
- Experienced, long standing dedicated staff team, committed to training
- Great location, close to town centre and St Albans railway station
- Close to parks, town Centres and library for nursery outings
- Extra curricular activities for all ages
- Nursery Team of the Year 2016
- Busy Bees Tier One Centre of Excellence.
What our customers say…
I really value the exceptional staff at the nursery. The nursery is the best decision I made in terms of childcare
- Bhavisha Joshi
Busy bees St Albans Hospital offers the most flexible care I know of any nursery in the area. I have been able to easily book extra sessions and its extended hours work well to suit my life
- Toni Neil
Thank you for being such an amazing team, Tabitha learnt so much from day one up to today. You always gave the extra help, love and care that she needed.
I really like the friendly and helpful nature of all the staff. They all appear to really care about our children
- Linda Crawt
The staff are excellent . And that is what matters. I would trust any of them with children
- Tom Asch