Busy Bees at Stevenage, Great Ashby
Whitehorse Lane, Great Ashby, Stevenage, SG1 6NH
Call Lisa on 01438 365692
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
Welcome to our nursery...
Our Busy Bees Nursery is situated on Whitehorse Lane just off Great Ashby Way, conveniently based in the neighbourhood centre opposite round diamond school and Budgens. We have our own private car park making access to the nursery easy for parents with small children and have easy access to the A1(M).
The Nursery Caters for children from 3 months to 5 years with disabled access through out the nursery. We have a purpose built rooms to offer bright, spacious, age appropriate areas, with three large secure gardens which all have astro turf to provide clean and safe play areas for children to explore. Click here to take a tour of our garden. We are open from 7.30 am offering busy parents a chance to start their day early and we close at 6.30 pm.
We had our last OFSTED inspection in September 2018, and received a “good” outcome in our report.
Our children have lots of opportunities to fill their tummies as we offer Breakfast, mid-morning snack then a two course cooked lunch, this is followed in the afternoon with an afternoon snack and High Tea also two courses.
Our chef prepares delicious meals for the children and all our food is cooked from fresh with no added additivesand awarded NHS Menus. Our chef works closely with parents and key persons for any specific dietary requirements.
Our Busy Babies room has a black and white area which enhances your baby's senses and simulates their development encouraging them to explore and investigate their surroundings. We also have a quiet Lilac area for those quiet moments, when needed.
Toddlers do Wake and Shake every day to get those bodies moving which helps with their physical development. In the toddlers room we start to encourage those important independent skills which will be needed later on in life. We help parents with their child’s potty training and encourage their children to share and take turns
In our pre-school room our children get the opportunity to do Shake and Write. Using large movements to music then applying the same movements to paper to introduce writing skills. They also get many opportunities to become independent learners, making their own decisions enabling them to be prepared later on for school.
All our rooms are very spacious and our staff are highly qualified and motivated in ensuring that your child will have fun whilst growing and developing with 66% of staff holding a paediatric first aid qualification. We have a Key Person system and every child has their own Learning Journal which records their development which is then shared with you at our parent evenings.
We also have a parent partnership group with meetings held every three months along side our regular communication system to keep all our parents up to date with key events within the nursery.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Busy Babies initiative in place to enhance your baby's senses
- Parent Partnership group in place
- Text and email service
- Our purpose built nursery – offers 2 calming rooms for our babies, 4 rooms for our active 1-2 year olds, 2 spacious rooms for 2-3 year olds and a further 2 rooms for our pre-school children
- Large outdoor area – children have direct access into the large secure gardens, which allows them to explore the great outdoors
- Our extended opening hours – 7.30am - 6.30pm are designed to accommodate parents busy working days
- We recognise that nutrition is very important and we offer well-balanced menus
- A private car park – adjacent to the nursery to allow parents easy access to the nursery
- Warm caring professional staff – who care for each individual child to ensure that their time at nursery offers numerous of experiences, to encourage their growth and development, but most of all to allow children to have a sense of belonging
- All Childcare vouchers accepted
- Disabled access throughout nursery
- Optional external teachers and uniform for pre-school aged children
- 66% of staff holding a paediatric first aid qualification
- Click here to take a tour of our garden.
What our customers say…
Leanne has loved her time at nursery and everyone she has been in contact with she loves. The great thing about the nursery is that the carers are known to all the children irrespective of which room.
We think staff have done a fantastic job preparing Charlotte for school and she is the lovely happy, sociable Charlotte we love partly due to the experiences she has had at the Nursery, will miss you
You make me laugh and we have lots of fun
Thanks a lot for everything you have done for Samir since the first day, you have been very professional, friendly and very supportive. Seeing my son progress in so many levels because of the nursery
We are extremely grateful for all those years and all teachers that looked after her were great. All staff are very friendly and always made us feel welcome. We will be recommending this nursery!