Busy Bees at Chafford Hundred
Drake Road, Chafford Hundred, Grays, Essex, RM16 6RW
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Tarin on 01375 482277
From 07:00 to 19:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3 months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
The staff at Chafford hundred, Drake road are very passionate and enthusiastic in their jobs. They provide the children with high quality love and care, encouragement in their development, learning and interests, making sure every child has had a fun packed day and their needs are met.
The Nursery Caters for children from 3 months to 5 years with disabled access throughout. We have a purpose built rooms to offer bright, spacious, age appropriate areas, with two separate garden areas for our babies and older children to have access to age appropriate, safe play areas to explore. We are open from 7.00 am offering busy parents a chance to start their day early and we close at 7.00 pm.
All our rooms are very spacious and our staff are highly qualified and motivated in ensuring that your child will have fun whilst growing and developing with many of our staff holding a paediatric first aid qualification. There is a folder in our reception area which holds the certificates for all of our staff, that visitors are more than welcome to have a look through. We have a Key Person system and every child has their own Learning Journal which records their development which is then shared with you at our parent evenings.
We had our last OFSTED inspection in June 2018, and received an Outstanding outcome in our report.
Our children have lots of opportunities to fill their tummies with nutritionally balanced meals all prepared by our chef. We offer breakfast, a mid-morning snack then a two course cooked lunch, this is followed by afternoon snack and finally tea. Our chef works closely with parents and key persons for any specific dietary requirements and we were awarded 5 stars in our EHO inspection.
Our Busy Babies room has a black and white area which enhances your baby's senses and simulates their development encouraging them to explore and investigate their surroundings. We also have a quiet Lilac area for those quiet moments, when needed.
Toddlers do Wake and Shake every day to get those bodies moving which helps with their physical development. In the toddlers room we start to encourage those important independent skills which will be needed later on in life. We help parents with their child’s potty training and encourage their children to share and take turns.
In our pre-school room our children get the opportunity to do Shake and Write. Using large movements to music then applying the same movements to paper to introduce writing skills. They also get many opportunities to become independent learners, making their own decisions enabling them to be prepared later on for school.
We also have a parent partnership group with meetings held every three months along side our regular communication system to keep all our parents up to date with key events within the nursery.
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Outstanding Ofsted June 2018.
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Busy Babies initiative to enhance your babies senses
- Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Steps to Independence initiative to build your child's independence
- Shake and Write – dance activity to support the physical skills needed for handwriting – exclusive to Busy Bees
- Our purpose built nursery has a large babies room split into walkers and pre-walkers, a large toddler room for 2-3 year olds and 2 preschool rooms for 3-5 year olds
- Our babies and older children have separate gardens both with age appropriate slides and equipment
- Each area has their own Base Room Manager who oversees the running of each room, and ensures that all staff carry out the EYFS planning with their key children
- Our baby room staff are trained in baby massage
- 5 star EHO result awarded in August 2015
- We provide free nappies and wipes for all children under the age of 3
- Safe and secure car park situated in front of the nursery
- Situated in a quiet residential area
- Text and email service
- Secure key fob system to allow entry to the building
- We have our own Parent Partnership Group at nursery which consists of parents from within the nursery and the managers. We meet quarterly to discuss ideas of moving the nursery forward and fundraising. We are always looking for new members!
- We recognise that nutrition is very important and we offer well-balanced menus
- We accept childcare vouchers
What our customers say…
My son has had a fantastic year at Busy Bees and we want to thank everybody for looking after him.
- Mr and Mrs Wall
My son has developed immensely since being at nursery. His social skills and level of interaction have also improved
- Ms Ogwezi
Both my children attended Busy Bees since they were 8 months old both of our boys have loved nursery, we would like to express thanks to the wonderful staff who we entrusted with their care.
- Mr and Mrs Negri
Over the years I have been extremely pleased with the services provided. I would recommend the facility to anyone.
- Mrs Murdock
Thank you so much for looking after our daughter she really enjoyed her time at Busy Bees. Its sad to say goodbye but we will miss you all.