Busy Bees in Wollaton, Nottingham
Bramcote Lane, Wollaton, Nottingham, NG8 2NG
Call Michelle on 0115 928 0508
3months - 5years
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Wollaton is a single storey, purpose built nursery. The nursery has a secure access entry system to ensure peace of mind for parents.
The nursery is located within a quiet residential areas, close to the main routes in to the city centre. Easily accessible from bus routes and close to the QMC.
We also provide out of school care for children up to the age of 8 including before and after school drop off and collection from one of the local schools.
The manager has a BA (HONS) Degree in Early Childhood Studies. We encourage all of our staff team to enhance their knowledge, develop their skills and professional development by ensuring we are dedicated and committed to providing learning and training opportunities for them. For 2012 we were delighted to receive the Busy Bees commitment to training award. We are also delighted to have received the team of the year award for Busy Bees 2012
We are proud to be one of Busy Bees Centre of Excellences and the staff understand the importance of creating a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment both indoors and outdoors where we give the children the opportunity to free flow.
We are lucky enough to have a variety of initiatives that have been implemented within the nursery including Busy Babies, Cooking with Me, Steps to Independence, Wake and Shake, Block Play and Imagination Station.
We currently have 5 stars which was gained in our Environmental Health Inspection. Both the Chef and Assistant Chef are dedicated in preparing nutritionally balanced and healthy meals for the children which allows them to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures and flavours. We also cater for children with food allergies or intolerance's as well as cultural preferences.
We have a good relationship with the children and their parents and we provide daily feedback, progress reports, learning journeys and regular parents evenings. We provide a parent partnership group which allows us to work in partnership with our parents and allows for on-going improvements and developments within the nursery.
Why you'll love Busy Bees...
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- Top marks in our Environmental Health inspection in June 2017
- Flat/touch screen and table computers in our Pre-school room
- Busy Babies – Relaxing and stimulating babies minds through their senses.
- Steps to Independence – Designed to build confidence and a sense of individuality.
- Our Imagination Station – Using role-play to develop children’s imagination and communication skills.
- Wake and Shake – ‘Energetic children for a fitter future’
- Block Play – Helps develop a child’s confidence and independent thinking
- Cooking with Me for all those creative chefs in the family
- Babble to chatter to nurture children's language and communication
- Gardening club for those budding diggers and planters
- Extra activities including Jo Jingles music session
- PEAL ( preparing an Early Approach to Literacy ) has been developed to enhance children's pre-reading skills
- Emotional Transitions Initiative - Four personal dolls with different personalities and backgrounds that help children understand the importance of personal, social and emotional development, they are also used to help support transitions in Early years
- Key fob entry system and CCTV for viewing only throughout the nursery
- Bright, welcoming, fully equipped play areas for each age group
- A wide range of diversity and equality from staff, equipment and attitudes
- Large separate garden areas for all ages within the nursery
- Central location to local facilities for regular trips and outings; local library and Wollaton Hall and Park
- Additional early and late opening available
- Great links with local library to encourage the children's interest in books
- Iconnect benefits parents as gives them secure access to child's files, records and development online with the ability to contribute towards at home developments aswell
- Little Bleue Project - communicating through skype to a French nursery every Friday morning
What our customers say…
I like going to Busy Bees because i like colouring and writing letters with my friends
I like going to nursery and building castles with the big bricks
I would like to thank all the staff for being so warm and friendly and making Joshuaâ€™s time at nursery so lovely. He has transformed into a very confident outgoing little boy with the help from you.
We have taken our daughter to the wollaton nursery since being 5 months old she loves it now being in toddlers the staff are fantastic and always helpful to her needs
- Mr & Mrs Brown
We have lot's of books in Pre-school and i like the Peppa book best