Busy Bees at Mardley Hill
Busy Bees Day Nursery, 1, Mardley Hill, Welwyn, Hertfordshire, AL6 0UE
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Laura on 01438 840138
Average Rating: 5
Total Number of Reviews: 1
From 07:30 to 18:30 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
3 months - 5 years
Welcome to our nursery...
Our beautiful Nursery was built in 1996 and provides ‘Outstanding’ care in all areas as consecutively recognised by our governing body, Ofsted in 2009 and 2014. In addition to this we are also regularly audited throughout the year to ensure we maintain consistently high standards in a wide array of areas including, care and education, hygiene, health and safety and also supporting children with additional needs. Our consistent unwaveringly high standards have ensured that we have remained of flagship recognition within Busy Bees and have been deemed as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ since 2014.
Every child deserves the very best start in life, and we are truly focused in providing an exciting, safe environment with opportunities that support every child to reach their full potential. We are a unique, innovative, and very welcoming Nursery providing a superior level of uncompromised care for up to children aged 0-5 years. Our warm and welcoming setting ensures we offer a variety of wonderful engaging and endearing activities in a relaxed and bespoke environment.
With an overwhelming majority of team members having over 10 years of service at Mardley Hill, our team are extremely longstanding, friendly, and very approachable and are totally committed to providing the very best start for each individual child and their families. We wholly adhere to the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework ensuring we meet and support the individual needs of every child and ensure we best support them in achieving milestones at a pace that is tailored to each individual. Our team regularly attend a concise, wide range of courses and access the training programmes operated by Busy Bees and our Local Authority. We are delighted to have team members who are engaged in NVQ and Foundation Degree courses to further their knowledge and personal development within their careers at Busy Bees.
We have a Head Chef who is highly qualified and has extensive nutritional knowledge in early years bringing enthusiasm and excitement to our Nursery with her culinary skills and the children adore spending time with her during ‘Cooking with Me’ opportunities or helping her to plant new seeds and tend to the plants in their ‘Grow Your Own’ allotment area within our beautiful, bespoke gardens. Our Head Chef is passionate about providing high quality meals for the children and is on hand to work with parents to discuss weaning and individual dietary requirements. Our exquisite, nutritionally balanced NHS accredited menus are extensively researched, locally sourced and we are proud to be recognised by the Soil Association for our dedication in this area. Environmental Health Officers consistently award us the optimal 5 stars within our food hygiene inspections, and we are passionate about retaining this accreditation in the future.
We pride ourselves on our partnership with parents and early years professionals, evidencing the strong key person approach that we embed within our Nursery. Inline with this we have very strong connections with our local schools and meet regularly with the Head Teachers and key staff members in the schools to discuss ideas to ensure the children within our Pre-School Academy receive a transition to school as seamlessly as possible.
At Mardley Hill we have a Parent Partnership Group which consists of a panel of parents who are dedicated in supporting our Nursery and are involved in the many events and activities we host throughout the year. The Group are a fantastic asset to our wonderful Nursery in helping new parents to settle into Nursery life. Should prospective parents have any questions for current parents, or if they require additional information on life as a family within Mardley Hill, the Group are very happy to be contacted via email and their contact details can be obtained from Laura, the Centre Director or Amanda, the Assistant Centre Director.
The children within our Nursery truly thrive within our care….we would love you to visit us and see our beautiful, bespoke learning environments for yourself!
Why you'll love our nursery...
- DOUBLE OUTSTANDING Ofsted Inspections in 2009 and 2014 - click here to see our report
- Online learning journal system in conjunction with ParentZone
- We are a ‘Centre of Excellence’ within Busy Bees; a highly sought-after accolade within our company which is derived from a range of results within a strict assessment criteria.
- A truly dedicated, longstanding and experienced staff team who are passionate in providing and maintaining an incredibly ‘Outstanding’ level of care and education for each and every child within our Nursery.
- Our beautiful Nursery provides a ‘home from home’ safe environment for children to develop and thrive within. With distinctly planned activities and learning environments tailored to the needs of each individual child, everyone is certain to reach their full potential within our care.
- UP!– A wonderful innovative, exciting learning programme is unique to Busy Bees an offers a flexible opportunity for children to guide and encourage each individual child to develop a lifelong love of learning. The intuitive digital programme ‘Unleashes the Potential’ of all children of which is evidenced throughout the whole nursery.
- Grow Your Own - Budding gardeners have the opportunity to plant and care for the flowers and vegetables they have grown. We have a beautiful allotment area dedicated to gardening which the children enjoy visiting each day.
- Nurturing Problem Solving to Mathematics – An innovative enhancement to nursery life which ensures high quality mathematical teaching for the children.
- Team Horizon– A truly fantastic experience for all Pre-School children as they engage in a range of sporting opportunities, such as, dodge ball, tennis, athletics, cricket and football.
- Pre-School Academy – Ensuring your child is extremely well prepared and is secure within their development ensuring they each have a seamless transition when they leave us for big school.
- Fresh, NHS accredited, nutritious meals prepared on site by our qualified and experienced Head Chef in line with health professional requirements.
- Silver Soil Association Award – Recognising high quality, fresh produce used within our Nursery and celebrating this. We pride ourselves on the positive learning opportunities surrounding the children and place particular emphasis upon the promotion of healthy eating. To support this we encourage the children to make active choices at meal times and grow their own vegetables in our nursery garden, an activity which is hugely popular!
- Large outdoor area which includes beautiful purpose-built gardens for each age group of children. We have a construction site for the children to build their own structures and models and a wide range of bikes, scooters and lots of learning opportunities to support the children in achieving developmental milestones in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Outdoor, woodland learning is undertaken by each key group every day….a truly magical and innovative experience of which is very effective in securing learning and development achievements.
- To further enhance the outdoor learning environment, we are very fortunate to have the amazing ‘Poddely’ construction and exploration activity which enables the children to design, construct and experiment with the many different pieces of equipment contained within this fantastic resource.
- Click here to take a tour of our beautiful garden….or please pop in to see us, we would love to show you around and discuss your individual requirements and the wishes you have for your child whilst they are within our care.
What our customers say about us
Flexible, helpful, creative and always smiling!