Welcome to our nursery…
Busy Bees in Milton Keynes provides GOOD childcare, as reported by Ofsted, (May 2015)
Busy Bees at Milton Keynes on Saxon Street is a Purpose Built Nursery is situated behind Saxon Clinic (off Saxon Street) next to the Walk Inn Centre (We are not accessible by car via the hospital entrances). The Nursery is easily accessible to and from all main commuter routes.
The nursery has 5 spacious rooms for children aged from 3 months to 5 Years, all the individual rooms have access to a garden area, in which the children have opportunities to explore, investigate and learn.
The children have many learning opportunities throughout all the age groups, in which experienced and qualified staff cater for all children’s individual needs and interests for personalised learning. The rooms are bright and stimulating with a wide range of resources available both inside and out.
Whilst at nursery the children enjoy delicious home cooked food which is nutritionally balanced and healthy. We have a four week rolling menu which takes advantage of fresh, seasonal produce and allows our children to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures, flavours and colours within their meal. We are also fully equipped to provide food for children with allergies or intolerances as well as cultural preferences and we will always provide a vegetarian option to meat dishes.
The staff here at Milton Keynes on Saxon Street are committed, skilled and most of all passionate about their roles, the children and parents. Staff take great pride in providing a high quality service making both children and their families feel welcome and at ease during their time at the setting. Many of the staff have been here for a long time and are keen to develop their practice through training and to drive the nursery forward by working closely with the parents and children to establish what we need to do to meet their individual needs.
Most of the team are qualified level 3 or working towards their full qualification, 1 member of the team has a Foundation Degree. The manager holds an Early Years Teacher status, who is also a qualified Midwife. Staff are always available to offer advice, suggestions and support to all parents, as well as reassurance when leaving your precious children for the first time. The nursery has a Parent Partnership Group that are available via email, if you would like to ask any questions or advice. The Group consists of parents whose children already attend the nursery and are happy to give support when leaving your children for the first time or even when making a transition from room to room. Please feel free to use this service if you have any questions or would like feedback on the nursery as well.
If you would like to experience and witness a happy, safe and stimulating environment, then please arrange an appointment to come and visit the nursery and see for yourself what a great nursery it really is. We will be happy to answer any questions either by telephone or in person.
Even more reasons to love our nursery…
- GOOD Ofsted May 2015 - Click here to see our report
- Open from 7.00 am – 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Our beautiful Nursery provides a ‘home from home’ safe environment for children to develop and thrive within. With well planned and learning environments tailored to the needs of the children, your child is certain to reach their full potential within our care.
- Busy Babies A stimulating black and white area complimented by a soothing and relaxing lilac area….the perfect environment for inquisitive little minds.
- Wake and Shake initiative to give your child a healthy start to the day
- Cooking with me- involves children working together to create recipes, and encourages them to explore other fun activities. Which are linked with their cooking themes, such as painting, dressing up and role play.
- Babble to Chatter – A wonderful enhancement which is evidenced throughout the whole nursery. This opportunity was derived from our childcare team and links theory to practice which in turn, enhances the children’s development with practical ideas and activities.
- Shake and Write – Preparing children with early writing skills, this enhancement is second to none….please feel free to book in your visit and see this for yourselves.
- Nurturing Problem Solving to Mathematics – An innovative enhancement to nursery life which ensures high quality mathematical teaching for the children.
- Pre-School – Ensuring your child has a seamless transition when they leave us for big school.
- Fresh, nutritious meals prepared on site by our qualified and experienced full time Chef inline with health professional requirements.
- Large outdoor areas which includes beautiful purpose built gardens for each age group of children.
- Parent evenings four times a year where you are able to meet with your child’s key-person and discuss the development of your child.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff team.
- Early Years Teacher –EYT in pre-school that support and helps lead the practice within the EYFS framework.
- Parent liaison group where we listen and implement suggestions and ideas. Our parents are here to help and support you throughout your child’s journey at our nursery.