Busy Bees at Bedford Elstow
Progress Park, Elstow, Bedford, MK42 9XE
For new parent enquiries call us on 0330 333 8133
For existing parents call Kim on 01234 330220
Average Rating: 5
Total Number of Reviews: 3
From 07:30 to 18:00 Mon - Fri
Cares for children aged
Welcome to our nursery...
Busy Bees in Bedford Elstow is a large purpose-built nursery for children ages 3 months - 5 years, situated within quiet surroundings in Progress Park, Elstow, alongside the Park and Ride. We are easily accessible from the A6 and the A421.
The nursery is open from 7.30am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday and we have a large private car park to ensure your child can be dropped off and collected safely.
The nursery has been designed with children in mind, from the single-story construction and small base rooms for our babies to provide a homely atmosphere. Our beautiful nursery has bright and spacious rooms for all children to play, rest, sleep and eat, all with highly secure outdoor play areas fully equipped with age-appropriate facilities to play and explore. All rooms are carefully furnished to suit the interests and ages of children and are designed to be comfortable 'home from home' environments that provide children with unlimited opportunities to explore and develop.
We provide a friendly and welcoming environment where our children and families feel safe and part of our Busy Bees nursery family. We ensure activities are regularly offered for all the family to enjoy together, such as Mother’s/Father’s Day breakfast, Christmas family fun day, open days, and seasonal events.
We are proud to have a long-standing staff team who are dedicated, hardworking and passionate about their role, the children, and the parents. The majority of our staff are qualified to at least a level 3 childcare qualification along with paediatric first aid training. We have our own training department, Busy Bees Training, that support our staff further to develop new skills, acquire new qualifications and always keep up to date with the latest legislation, so that you can have the confidence that your child is being cared for by a knowledgeable and committed team.
Sarah our chef is committed to providing delicious home cooked food, which are nutritionally balanced and healthy. We have a six-week rolling menu which takes advantage of fresh, seasonal produce and allows our children to experience a wide variety of tastes, textures, flavours and colours within their meal. We are also fully equipped to provide food for children with allergies or intolerances as well as cultural preferences and we will always provide a vegetarian option to meat dishes.
We are very passionate at providing the best possible start for children and their families and ensure that the children have an enjoyable time while at nursery, making sure their needs and interests are met through exciting activities and play opportunities. To do this Busy Bees have an innovative app in which practitioners and parents can use. This provides different activity ideas based upon children’s interests. The UP app has been designed by our head office team and has received excellent feedback from both staff and parents.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which is the same statutory framework that schools, and pre-schools attached to schools follow, so that you can rest assured your child is being provided with fun and exciting learning opportunities with educational benefits.
There is a strong emphasis on practical investigation and active learning through play, both in the playrooms and outdoors, carefully planned to develop children's individual skills, interests and understanding. We promote inclusive practice and encourage children to be independent and make choices.
If you would like to arrange an appointment to come and visit the nursery, please call us on 01234 330 220 to find out more - we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Why you'll love our nursery...
- Good Ofsted - See our report
- 10 bright and spacious rooms with fantastic facilities and learning opportunities.
- Each room has access to individual garden areas where children can investigate and explore their outdoor classroom.
- Unique learning enhancements developed by our Busy Bees childcare team to provide children with experiences that develop their core skills.
- Literacy and Numeracy Cards - cards used in our pre-school room to further encourage mathematical and literacy skills.
- Parentzone app to allow real time photos, observations and daily updates.
- Parent representative group that meets regularly and can be contacted via email, if you would like to ask any questions or advice. Working in partnership with parents to ensure that every child's development is continued from home to nursery and that children's interests are explored.
- All inclusive package for under 2’s. This includes nappies and wipes for all children under the age of 2 years old.
- Follow EYFS statutory framework, so that you can rest assured all our learning and play opportunities are in line with national standards.
What our customers say about us
Friendly Staff and Great standard of care. My child loves going to Nursery.
She enjoys her time at nursery
Excellent all round! I can’t wait to have access to the app to see more of what my little one has been up to!